JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy

+4
greenink211
Sabot
Lamplighter
bb1
8 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 Empty Re: Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 am

I have read all 1119 of the Global Intelligence Files leaked by wikileaks. And, having done so, I have found with the majority of them, they should not have been sent using a public email system that anyone could have hacked, including myself.
For example: This mail was termed as secret information sent using a yahoo account?

I suggested earlier in this thread that Manning's superiors bear some responsibility for this, Tony, they seemed to have forgotten everything that was painfully learned during the Cold War.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 5 Empty Re: Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy

Post  lily Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:13 am

I suggested earlier in this thread that Manning's superiors bear some responsibility for this, Tony, they seemed to have forgotten everything that was painfully learned during the Cold War.

No doubt about it, Bonny.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm

I have a problem here.
Remember wikileaks allegedly released a cable between the UK Ambassador and the US Ambassador Portugal reference the McCanns?

14th December 2010

by Paul Bently
The parents of Madeleine McCann had evidence against them ‘developed’ by British police as they were investigated by ­Portuguese authorities over the disappearance of their daughter, a senior official has claimed.

The UK’s ambassador to Portugal, Alexander Wykeham Ellis, told his American counterpart that police in Britain were working with Portuguese officers to build a case against the McCanns.
[b]He made the claims on September 21, 2007, according to secret diplomatic cables published by WikiLeaks.

Two weeks earlier, Portuguese police had named Gerry and Kate McCann as ‘arguidos’, or formal suspects.
In a cable to Washington marked confidential, U.S. ambassador Al Hoffman wrote: ‘Without delving into the details of the case, Ellis admitted that the British police had developed the current evidence against the McCann parents, and he stressed that authorities from both countries were working co-operatively
How could the British Ambassador send the email in September 2007 if he didn't become Ambassador until November 2007

Alexander Wykeham Ellis is the Director of Strategy at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, having been British ambassador to Portugal from 2007 to 2010. He joined the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in 1990 and presented his credentials to the President of Portugal on 13 November 2007.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:24 pm

I'll have to check to see if people can be ambassadors before the presenting-credentials ceremony, Tony.

And there has always been another problem with that cable. I don't think anyone has seen the original cable in public, just the Guardian's summary of it.......

Not to mention 'developed' having different implications in American English to English English.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 pm

bb1 wrote:I'll have to check to see if people can be ambassadors before the presenting-credentials ceremony, Tony.

And there has always been another problem with that cable. I don't think anyone has seen the original cable in public, just the Guardian's summary of it.......

Not to mention 'developed' having different implications in American English to English English.
I cannot find the original cable anywhere, Bonny.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Look at this, Tony:

http://www.algarveresident.com/22143-15209/algarve/a-new-british-ambassador

A new British Ambassador
Updated: 18-Oct-2007

ALEXANDER WYKEHAM Ellis has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Portuguese Republic on October 10, succeeding John Buck, who has left the diplomatic service.

Having served as the Adviser to the President of the European Commission since 2005, Alexander Ellis has moved to Lisbon with his wife Maria Teresa Adegas and their son

I would put money on the Resident getting the date right and he became Ambassador in October, before the ceremonials.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:39 pm

I can't make head nor tail of this, Tony. From this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/124011

On September 21, newly-arrived British Ambassador Alexander Wykeham Ellis

Now, read 1. -

Ellis also noted that it was the British police that developed the current evidence against Madeleine McCann's parents in the high-profile case that has captured international attention.

We don't know what he ACTUALLY said. More importantly, we don't know who fed him that line. I know who it sounds like.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:55 pm

On December 3rd, 2007, a memo was leaked to the Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure [note by xklamation: article written by Nuno Miguel, Duarte Levy] regarding a diplomat’s concerns about the case. Questions have been raised as to whether the memo may have been written by Ambassador Buck or someone in his office, although diplomat’s name was not published in the newspaper articles.
The leaked memo was routed through the British diplomatic mission in Brussels

The leaked memo was sent “just days” after Madeleine disappeared.

The leaked memo warned the Foreign Office of concerns regarding the McCanns and warned of the risks of siding with the McCanns in public.

The diplomat immediately had doubts after being sent to Praia da Luz due to what he considered to be inconsistencies in their testimonies and “confused declarations” as to the whereabouts of the McCanns and their friends on May 3.
The memo mentions instructions “from London” that consular staff “overstretch their authority and put pressure on Portuguese authorities.”

The memo refers to orders sent the previous day from the Foreign Office in London commanding embassy staff to provide all possible assistance to the McCanns and that the McCanns “had to be “accompanied at all times during any contact with the Portuguese police” by a member of consular staff or by British police officers sent out from the UK.

He also mentioned their lack of cooperation with the Portuguese police

The memo was sent *from the Algarve* to the Foreign office days after Madeleine “went missing”

Quote: “”With the greatest respect, I would like to make you aware of the risks and implications to our relationship with the Portuguese authorities, if you consider the possible involvement of the couple. “Please confirm to me, in the light of these concerns, that we want to continue to be closely involved in the case as was requested in your previous message.”

The Belgian report also stated that Portuguese detectives believe it is possible Madeleine died as the result of an accident on May 3 in the family’s holiday apartment and that her parents hid and later disposed of her body with the help of their friends. They said it is highly significant that almost all of the diplomats involved at the outset have now been taken off the case.

http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/british-ambassador-alexander-w-ellis-admitted-that-the-british-police-had-developed-evidence-against-kate-mccann-and-gerry-mccann/

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Thought so.... the fat fraudster at work? Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Smelling rats with big fat paws, are we? Wink
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 pm

We all know why The Consular Staff were advised to be in attendance for The McCanns. They didn't want another Michael Cook or Leonor Cipriano situation. The McCann's guilt or innocence was by the by.
Did The PJ think that Britain was ignorant of such goings on?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Just seen on AlJazeera ticker that the Presidsent of Ecuador says that the country cannot grant him asylum until after legal case against him is resolved. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Lamplighter wrote:Just seen on AlJazeera ticker that the Presidsent of Ecuador says that the country cannot grant him asylum until after legal case against him is resolved. LL

Glad to hear that, LL. Assange needs to face up to his responsibilities. If he didn't sexually abuse those ladies then he will be okay.

Adding - that is if he is not arrested for absconding on his bail..... Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:40 pm

lily wrote:
Lamplighter wrote:Just seen on AlJazeera ticker that the Presidsent of Ecuador says that the country cannot grant him asylum until after legal case against him is resolved. LL

Glad to hear that, LL. Assange needs to face up to his responsibilities. If he didn't sexually abuse those ladies then he will be okay.

Adding - that is if he is not arrested for absconding on his bail..... Pcorneater
The arrest for the bail break comes first, then the extradition to Sweden. I assume if he is found not guilty there then Ecuador may consider granting him asylum, but to me this looks like he has been hung out to dry. The Swedes wouldn't give him residency status, now the Ecuadorans won't touch him either; I think their president has seen sense and listened to the arguments by the UK, Sweden and even the US.. I think he has only 7 days, if that, to get his case to the ECHR. LL

Last edited by Lamplighter on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:43 pm

What, like,

Dear Judge, my Yuman Rites have been violated due to me not wanting to use a condom when getting my leg over?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:45 pm

That's a good reason for wanting his Yuman Rites you know. Don't those wemen now that their to be used? biggrin

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Come to Papa, Assangel biggrin

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:55 pm

crazytony wrote:Come to Papa, Assangel biggrin

Ba boom.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Let this be an end to the fools who think it is within their human rights to put other peoples lives at risk.

I hope our country's security officials have learned lessons; they were the initial weak link.
As for Manning, he took an oath to serve and protect our country from all enemies at home and abroad. He not only betrayed that oath but put his own comrades in more danger than they needed to be in.

However, the worst evil in my book was Assange, instead of reporting the breach of security, he encouraged it. He should never have published the information. In doing so, he puts more than one country's citizens at risk from terrorist attacks, he puts many countries citizens at risk.
He, is the guiltiest of all and I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.
PS: As well as central heating, Gitmo has cable.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:16 pm

I think Private Manning's defence lawyers should DEMAND Assange goes to the States and explain exactly why he exploited an obviously-troubled serving soldier. Not to mention using the idiotic Anons, who were suckered in by the white-haired megalomaniac with the condom allergy.

Don't bother arresting him or anything, just leave him to carry on destroying himself, and shafting every single person who has ever tried to help him.

To paraphrase Monty Python...

He isn't a martyr, he's a very naughty boy.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:18 pm

crazytony wrote:Let this be an end to the fools who think it is within their human rights to put other peoples lives at risk.

I hope our country's security officials have learned lessons; they were the initial weak link.
As for Manning, he took an oath to serve and protect our country from all enemies at home and abroad. He not only betrayed that oath but put his own comrades in more danger than they needed to be in.

However, the worst evil in my book was Assange, instead of reporting the breach of security, he encouraged it. He should never have published the information. In doing so, he puts more than one country's citizens at risk from terrorist attacks, he puts many countries citizens at risk.
He, is the guiltiest of all and I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.
PS: As well as central heating, Gitmo has cable.

Oh, I've heard about Gitmo's TV schedule. They torture people by making them watch Deadliest Catch over and over again. biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:21 pm

True!!!!!
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:23 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:58 pm

I have no idea what the States will do with Private Manning and the Anons - though perhaps they should all be sent on lecture tours to warn of the folly of believing Pied Pipers on the internet as part of their sentences?

Manning's superiors should certainly be forced to read every single book ever written about Cold War espionage, as they seem to have forgotten all the lessons learned then.

As for Assange - I don't, realistically, think a direct link between him and Manning will ever be proven, he is far too fond of his own precious hide to take that risk. The only good thing is that he is so shifty, he is rapidly becoming friendless as well as stateless.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next