JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy

+4
greenink211
Sabot
Lamplighter
bb1
8 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 Empty Re: Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy

Post  crazytony Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 pm

bb1 wrote:I have no idea what the States will do with Private Manning and the Anons - though perhaps they should all be sent on lecture tours to warn of the folly of believing Pied Pipers on the internet as part of their sentences?

Manning's superiors should certainly be forced to read every single book ever written about Cold War espionage, as they seem to have forgotten all the lessons learned then.

As for Assange - I don't, realistically, think a direct link between him and Manning will ever be proven, he is far too fond of his own precious hide to take that risk. The only good thing is that he is so shifty, he is rapidly becoming friendless as well as stateless.
I do believe our guys have the emails that passed between Manning and wikileaks.
Manning was sent details from wikileaks on how to upload the information to them.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 Empty Re: Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy

Post  lily Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Manning was sent details from wikileaks on how to upload the information to them.

Yes he was, Tony. I remember that - it was on our old forum.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:15 pm

lily wrote:Manning was sent details from wikileaks on how to upload the information to them.

And somewhere there is a comment by Assange where he says he doesn't want to know who Manning is "so lie to me". LL

ETA: Found it, from the Wikipedia page on Manning:
Although he said he dealt with Assange directly, he also said Assange had adopted a deliberate policy of knowing very little about him, telling Manning: "lie to me."

Last edited by Lamplighter on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
lily wrote:Manning was sent details from wikileaks on how to upload the information to them.

And somewhere there is a comment by Assange where he says he doesn't want to know who Manning is "so lie to me". LL

Oh yes, LL. Doesn't the slime ball make a person want to puke?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Ambassador set for Assange talks
Press Association – 55 minutes ago 23 June 2012

The Ecuadorian ambassador is understood to be flying out to her nation's capital this weekend for talks on WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

The 40-year-old Australian is seeking political asylum in Ecuador to prevent him being extradited to Sweden and has been at the country's embassy in London since Tuesday. Mr Assange faces allegations of sex crimes in the Scandinavian country, which he denies.

Ambassador Anna Alban, who met the Government on Wednesday morning, is due to discuss the matter in Quito. A spokesman at the embassy would not officially confirm the visit "until she is on the plane".

Mr Assange faces arrest for breaching the terms of his bail if he leaves the Ecuadorian Embassy.

The South American country says he is under its protection while it considers the application, which comes after his failed bid to avoid extradition to Sweden under a European arrest warrant to face sex crime allegations.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office confirmed in a statement that he was "beyond the reach of the police" while he remains in the building.

Mr Assange's move to claim asylum is the latest twist in a marathon legal battle played out in the glare of worldwide publicity.

He is set to be extradited to Sweden, where he faces accusations of raping a woman and sexually molesting and coercing another in Stockholm in August 2010 while on a visit to give a lecture.

Mr Assange, whose WikiLeaks website has published a mass of leaked diplomatic cables that embarrassed several governments and international businesses, says the sex was consensual and the allegations against him are politically motivated.
In an telephone interview, he said the Ecuadorians "were sympathetic" to his case.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Oh, for goodness' sake, all this because of his failure to observe sexual etiquette in Sweden - allegedly. IMO, he would be better employed going to Sweden to deal with this in court - not least because of the way his now-dwindling band of fans have smeared and pitchforked the two women concerned.

I am sure that if there then was the slightest attempt made to extradite him to the States, he would be PROTECTED by Sweden.

But this to me is just ridiculous, drama queen, melodrama.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:26 pm

bb1 wrote:Oh, for goodness' sake, all this because of his failure to observe sexual etiquette in Sweden - allegedly. IMO, he would be better employed going to Sweden to deal with this in court - not least because of the way his now-dwindling band of fans have smeared and pitchforked the two women concerned.

I am sure that if there then was the slightest attempt made to extradite him to the States, he would be PROTECTED by Sweden.

But this to me is just ridiculous, drama queen, melodrama.
If he is innocent, what has he to fear?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Tony, there might be some point to this if he was wanted in some banana republic being run by generals. But this is SWEDEN we are talking about, it is just ridiculous.

IMO, he's doing this because it is far more glamorous to portray himself as some kind of political rebel, on the run from the Great Satan, than risk having the world see him as a seedy sex offender. In Sweden, of all places, which has some of the most liberal laws in the world.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:36 pm

bb1 wrote:Tony, there might be some point to this if he was wanted in some banana republic being run by generals. But this is SWEDEN we are talking about, it is just ridiculous.

IMO, he's doing this because it is far more glamorous to portray himself as some kind of political rebel, on the run from the Great Satan, than risk having the world see him as a seedy sex offender. In Sweden, of all places, which has some of the most liberal laws in the world.
I do hope the Ecuador Airlines don't pass over American airspace with Assangel onboard biggrin

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:46 pm

I've got an even better idea, Tony. Why not save the US and Europe a lot of money and hassle and

LET HIM GO TO ECUADOR.

It won't take too long before he p*sses off the wrong people there, rips off the wrong people, insults the wrong person's sister, mother or daughter. Wink

At present, he is effectively a prisoner in the Ecuador embassy and somehow, I don't see living in exile in Ecuador as being likely to extend his lifespan...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:49 pm

bb1 wrote:I've got an even better idea, Tony. Why not save the US and Europe a lot of money and hassle and

LET HIM GO TO ECUADOR.

It won't take too long before he p*sses off the wrong people there, rips off the wrong people, insults the wrong person's sister, mother or daughter. Wink

At present, he is effectively a prisoner in the Ecuador embassy and somehow, I don't see living in exile in Ecuador as being likely to extend his lifespan...
If he is allowed into Ecuador, he will never be allowed to leave the country again.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:55 pm

And that, Tony, would be Hell on earth for Assange. It isn't the most politically-stable of nations, so if he was stuck there, his wellbeing would always be at the whim of whoever was in charge of the country.

He would, IMO, be in far more danger in Ecuador than in Sweden, with the protection of a stable democracy in a country which is studiously neutral.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Just as a matter of interest, women subjected to sexual crimes in Ecuador have a legal right to castrate their abusers, among other things, if the means are available.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Ah well, he wouldn't have to wait to for an irate father, husband, son or brother then, would he? I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a Haven't thought this through, situation...

It occurred to me, won't Bradley Manning's family, and the families of the assorted US Anons, want Assange in the States to do some explaining?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:30 pm

bb1 wrote:Ah well, he wouldn't have to wait to for an irate father, husband, son or brother then, would he? I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a Haven't thought this through, situation...

It occurred to me, won't Bradley Manning's family, and the families of the assorted US Anons, want Assange in the States to do some explaining?
If they can prove Assange coerced Manning in anyway at all; then yes, they will want the Assangel in the US.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Found this on AlJazeera which shows that Manning and Assange did know each other. LL

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2011/12/2011122041242294978.html
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Maybe it's that that is really spooking him, Tony? The State case may be a bit tenuous, but if Manning's defence lawyer can show that his client would not have acted as he seems to have done without Assange whispering poison in his ear, when Manning was already in a frail mental state, well, suddenly Assange stops looking like the hero he tries to present himself as, and more like a user and exploiter of vulnerable people?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:48 pm

That's an interesting piece, LL.

Manning faces 22 charges, which include "aiding the enemy" and unlawfully causing intelligence to be published on the
Internet. He faces life imprisonment if convicted of the most serious charge.

It's worth stressing that Manning himself isn't facing the death penalty, which makes an even bigger nonsense of Assange's nonsense.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:05 pm

bb1 wrote:That's an interesting piece, LL.

Manning faces 22 charges, which include "aiding the enemy" and unlawfully causing intelligence to be published on the
Internet. He faces life imprisonment if convicted of the most serious charge.

It's worth stressing that Manning himself isn't facing the death penalty, which makes an even bigger nonsense of Assange's nonsense.
We haven't given the death penalty for treason for many a year. We are not about to start now.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:29 pm

So, it's not really very likely that an Aussie would face the death penalty for supposedly committing treason against a foreign state on the internet, then?

That's what I thought.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Bonny, Assange is a blatant liar. He is another adept manipulator but you said it best, a drama queen.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Ugly sh!t, ain't he?

Assange seeks asylum....in Ecuador Embassy  - Page 6 239720650
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:17 pm

He is, LL and truly makes my flesh crawl, LL.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:27 pm

http://usmag.net/media/ecuador-confers-over-assanges-asylum-request/

Quote:

Assange’s lawyer Jennifer Robinson said Saturday that filmmaker Michael Moore has sent Assange a message of support, urging him not to despair.

Robinson posted an email sent by Moore, among supporters who offered money to meet Assange’s 200,000 pounds ($316,000) bail, to her Twitter account.

In the message, sent Wednesday, Moore told the WikiLeaks founder it was a crime “that you even have to seek asylum, and I stand with you through this. Do not despair.”

Why am I not in the least bit surprised that that fraud is in the mix?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:50 am

'No hint' of US plan for Assange extradition: Australia

AFP Sunday, Jun 24, 2012

SYDNEY - Australian Foreign Minister Bob Carr Sunday said there was "no hint" of a plan to extradite WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to the United States should he be sent to Sweden.

Assange, an Australian, sought refuge in London's Ecuadoran embassy on Tuesday to seek asylum so as to avoid his extradition to Sweden on allegations of rape because he fears Stockholm will turn him over to the United States.

Carr said he had raised the issue of the possible extradition of Assange, a former computer hacker, to the US on two occasions with American officials.

"When I have raised it... I've received no hint that they have got a plan to extradite him to the US," Carr told ABC radio.

Assange says he believes the United States wants to try him for divulging US secrets after WikiLeaks released a flood of classified US information about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as more than 250,000 classified US diplomatic cables.

But he has conceded there is no current US indictment against him.

"Of course not, at the moment the matter is before the grand jury," he told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation on Friday. "Until it comes out of the grand jury there will not be such evidence afforded."

Carr said he had no indication this was going to happen.

"There's not the remotest evidence that that is the case. No US figure has confirmed that to us," he said.

"I suppose you could argue they wouldn't confirm it to us to the last moment. You could say that the justice department is proceeding on this and US officials in state or in a diplomatic mission like in Canberra wouldn't be aware of it. Certainly that can't be discounted as a possibility.

"But I can say, when I've said to a senior US official, 'Assange is an Australian citizen, we've got an interest in this. Have you got plans to extradite him?', they haven't said they have got plans to extradite him.

"They haven't been able to rule out that one corner of the American administration might not be considering it, but I would suspect that the US would not want to touch this."

Carr said if the US had wanted to extradite Assange, they could have done it during the past years while he has been in Britain, a country with which Washington has a "robust extradition arrangement".
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next