JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case

+5
lily
greenink211
Lamplighter
Sabot
bb1
9 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 Empty Re: Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case

Post  bb1 Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:13 pm

I 'think' he did too - but that doesn't count, which is why I hope the prosecution has stronger evidence than this.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 9 Empty Re: Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case

Post  bb1 Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:22 pm

Another report:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57515088-504083/jury-selection-begins-in-case-of-detroit-father-accused-of-killing-2-year-old-bianca-jones/

Jury selection begins in case of Detroit father accused of killing 2-year-old Bianca Jones

CBS/WWJ) DETROIT - Jury selection is set to begin Tuesday in the trial of D'Andre Lane. Lane is accused of the murder of his daughter, 2-year-old girl Bianca Jones. Jones is still missing.

According to CBS Detroit, Lane has pleaded not guilty to charges of child abuse and first degree murder in the disappearance of the toddler, whose body has still not been found. He faces a possible sentence of life in prison if convicted.

Lane denies that he has anything to do with the child's disappearance and claims Bianca was taken during a carjacking in early December, CBS Detroit reports. Prosecutors contend that Lane beat her to death during potty training and dumped her body before staging a carjacking and kidnapping to cover his tracks.

According to Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, an extensive investigation determined that the alleged carjacking did not take place.

A cadaver dog trainer testified that one of his dogs hit on the scent of decomposition in the closet of the children's room at Lane's home.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:49 am

Thread Monitor Wotcha:

I think the admission that he had beaten the child that morning is going to turn out to be pretty damning. You tell a jury a grown man beat a 2 year old child for a potty-training accident and I guess their sympathies are not going to lie with him.

Which is exactly why the US has jury selection. The slightest hint of a potential juror being influenced emotionally and they will be rejected by the defence.

Just as anyone irrationally prejudiced against dogs will be rejected by the prosecution.

They seem to have learned nothing from the Casey Anthony trial about the likely consequences of prosecutors playing to the gallery.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 pm

No one in their right mind is going to be happy about a man beating a two year old baby for a bed wetting accident. But it doesn't prove Murder.

And please let's not forget that Jose Baez made minced meat out of a Cadaver Dog Handler in The Anthony Case, who actually admitted that Cadaver Dogs will react to decomposing body fluids from live people. That just about cleared your average Cadaver Dog for me. And be sure that The Defence in this Case will know all about it.
Cadaver Dogs are on their way out as witnesses because they are so easily discredited in the absence of Forensics.
But what Forensics anyway? Can Forensics tell whether body fluids were released before or after death? What is the magic formula that can tell the difference? The real Dead Body fluids don't occur until several days after death. It's actually quite simple.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Something even vaguely resembling forensic evidence would be a vast improvement on all that yapping at walls, bins and carpets, where nothing is ever found.

It's like a conjuring trick. It's as if there are only one or two Death Miasma dogs in the entire world. Only they can yap at Death Miasma, which is such an elusive element that scientists can never find it, but yapping spaniels can.

I'd be really, really impressed if just for once, one of Grime's EVRDs actually found a cadaver without the humans helping. And no, the remains of poor Mrs Harran don't count, because they smelled so bad, the humans could smell it, too.

I suspect the defence is going to want to know WTF was so clever about barking at a cupboard when, according to the prosecution, the child's body MUST be somewhere near at hand.

The forkers seem to think that Grime is going to give evidence - and that will be that, everyone will agree with him.

They are in for some very nasty surprises, IMO - and a rude awakening.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:57 pm

The truth of the matter is that if there is such a thing as Death Miasma, that no one can actually prove exists because Dogs Can't Talk. And even if they could they would still have to prove it in a Court of Law, which they obviously can't do. What is so difficult to understand about this?
And of course, any Death Miasma that can be proved is so awful that Humans can smell it, so you wouldn't need a dog.
We are talking Pie in The Sky here. What proof is there that dogs can smell it? I have no doubt that I could smell it if it was lying around for long enough.

I am having some difficulty explaining myself, but surely one cannot believe absolutely that some money motivated dog handler knows precisely what some dog that is still so young, could know that a dead body had been present after such a short time dead.

Eddie always was irrelevant. He was a Search and Rescue Dog. Good in his own way, but only in Search and Rescue.

Sheesh, do I have to write a boring diatribe?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:23 pm

This is the kind of thing they should be reading, seeing as how they are so fond of digging up old news stories.

This one hasn't been discredited, though - it actually proved to be pretty much spot on:

From 2007:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/only-certainty-in-madeleine-s-case-is-the-fallibility-of-dna-1-1423249

Only certainty in Madeleine's case is the fallibility of DNA

Published on Sunday 16 September 2007 01:23

WILL it finally end this week? With a white flag hoisted above a Portuguese courthouse? With an admission that, er no, contrary to what you may or may not have believed, or read, or heard, there is, um, no DNA evidence suggesting the McCanns killed their child? There is in fact no real evidence of any sort, shape or size suggesting the McCanns killed their child. Oops. And any leaks that might have hinted otherwise, that may have looked like they came from us... er, didn't.

If this were not so deadly serious, so utterly destructive of the McCann family, it would be a farce. Having been gripped by the shocking disappearance of Madeleine McCann, this nation is now gripped by half-baked theories on whether the parents did it or not. A new one every day. I should declare an interest here: I shared a flat for a year with Gerry McCann at university.

What was he like? Great guy. Good fun, very smart, extremely popular. But you knew that already. Did we share a room when we went to the Isle of Man with the university's athletics club? Can't remember. Like most of that year the trip passed in a haze of student drinking, clubbing and one or two gruelling (for me anyway) races. Does any of this give me any special insight into what is going on Gerry's mind today? Nope. But how much insight do you need to realise that there is something very unpleasant happening to the McCanns?

I also wrote a book about DNA fingerprinting. I went to Leicester University to speak to Professor Sir Alec Jeffreys, the man who discovered the process that has changed the world, and which is certainly changing the McCanns' world.

Alec Jeffreys? One of life's genuine people. He didn't make a penny from his discovery, and stayed instead in his lab, smoking his roll-ups and being a proper scientist. Over a few of those rollies he explained how DNA fingerprinting works, how he stumbled over it while researching oxygenisation in seal tissues, how it is based on otherwise meaningless junk DNA - and how it is absolutely not infallible. But surely you know that?

Or you would have known that if you lived in the United States, where the famous Castro case blew the infallibility theory out of the water by simply challenging the way DNA was tested. You would definitely have know that if your name was Raymond Easton. Mr Easton entered the history books in 2000 by being arrested for a burglary 200 miles from his home. The fact that he suffered from Parkinson's disease, was in a wheelchair and couldn't dress himself was ignored because, hey, there was a DNA match. Did he do it? No - someone else with same DNA print-out did. But it took a ridiculously long time and more advanced testing before he was cleared.

Does any of the above give me special insight? Nope. But how much insight do you need to know that the sort of DNA probabilities being bandied about in Portugal are a joke? That figures of a 78% likelihood, or 81% likelihood, that Madeleine's body had been in the back of the family car or in the flat are nonsensical.

Not only are DNA probabilities not expressed that way, but at those ridiculously low levels the DNA could have come from almost anyone. Including Mr Easton.

I should also declare another interest here. By day I am a criminal lawyer appearing in Glasgow Sheriff Courts. So what? Well, they are the busiest criminal courts in Europe and are in the country which not only pioneered DNA fingerprinting but has the world's largest database and best experts. The courts are surely full of DNA then? Nope. Why? It simply doesn't feature in most crimes. But when it does, DNA evidence is always accompanied by rigorous declarations and certificates that the testing has been carried out scrupulously.

We have Dr Kary Mullis to thank for that. He won a Nobel Prize by coming up with a technique that allowed the smallest samples of DNA that can be tested to shrink from the size of a 5p coin to almost microscopic. It was a breakthrough, but a dangerous one. Because Dr Mullis's technique doesn't just multiply a suspect's DNA into a testable size, it can also multiply every other bit of DNA it finds. The risk of contamination is enormous.

Does any of that give me any insight into what the Portuguese police have? No. But how much insight is needed to know that the prospect of contamination in the family car and in the flat must be of laughable proportions?

And how much insight does it take to realise that whatever happens to the McCanns this week the rumour mill ensures this tragedy is going to run and run?

--------

I would love to know what the author thinks of the Wonderwoof Cult.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:06 pm

The actual trial is now underway, for anyone who is following it:

Quote;

Defense promised the jury they'd hear testimony that Lane cooperated with the investigation and attacked the prosecution's key testimony in the circumstantial case from a forensic canine expert whose dog barked when it allegedly detected the scent of decomposition in Lane's home and car.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120919/METRO01/209190404#ixzz26wayR3xu

I hope to God the prosecution has more conclusive evidence than that, but worryingly, it sounds as if they are counting on Grime?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 pm

JillyCL ‏@JillyCL
@ChatHouseCares Do you know if there's a live feed from the Bianca Jones murder trial in Detroit, please?
#

Why would there be? Has the silly old baggage no idea just how many violent crimes there are in Detroit every single day?

Go and look at the Detroit press:

http://www.detroitnews.com/

This one is of interest because of Grime's involvement; if it hadn't been for that, it would barely be front page news. Yesterday's court hearing isn't even currently on the first page, online.

It has an interactive map of shootings and homicides, for goodness' sake - why on earth would there be a live feed from one of many court hearings?

Oh, and for the terminally-stupid forkers, most of the coverage is in the Wayne County news section.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:45 pm

I suggest idiots who think there should be a live feed take a look at this:

29 murders end Detroit's violent summer

Two days this summer — June 15 and Aug. 13 — were anomalies in Detroit: There were no reported shootings. But most days and nights during the city’s traditionally violent warm season were marked by bloodshed.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article///#ixzz272qLeTTN

They might then grasp why the only thing differentiating this from a thousand other squalid crimes in Detroit is Grime's involvement.

And I hope we find out how that came about.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Win ‏@winnower1
@MailOnline Bianca Jones case.Why no ref. to cadaver dog alerts & fact that Grime's testimony allowed by court? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2205808/DAndre-Lane-Father-fatally-beat-Bianca-Jones-2-wetting-pants-staging-carjacking-kidnap.html #McCann

Quite possibly because

HE HASN'T GIVEN EVIDENCE YET.

Obsessed, forker morons - they seem to have no idea of what is going on in the real world.

Or grasp that, sadly, this case is fairly small beer compared to the rest of the crime and violence in Detroit.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Dantew28 ‏@Dantew28
@Trolls_Nemesis What ridiculous claim r u making now? Eddy wouldn't have found Bob Rose body buried in sand dune if not for #Mccann case?

Correction - Eddie would not have found Bob Rose in the sand dune at all if the person who put him there hadn't pointed Eddie in more or less the right direction.

The person who buried Rose to begin with was too drunk at the time to recall exactly where he had put him.

And I wouldn't go boasting about Prout, either.

Not much point in yapping at carpets, when the deceased had been murdered and buried several hundred yards away, is there?

Now, finding the late Mrs Prout - that would have been impressive.

Yapping at totally the wrong place isn't.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 pm

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/09/2-year-old_bianca_jones_still.html

2-year-old Bianca Jones still alive, has possibly been sold, mother says

By Gus Burns | fburns@mlive.com
on September 26, 2012 at 7:10 AM Email | Print

AP Photo/Michigan Amber Alert via The Detroit NewsDETROIT — Two-year-old Bianca Jones seemingly disappeared without a trace.

It's an odd situation. D’Andre Lane, 32, of Detroit is charged with killing his daughter. He claims he was carjacked and his child abducted.

The mother of Bianca Jones believes her daughter is still alive and was possibly sold.

Police and prosecutors say Lane committed the murder and staged the carjacking to cover his tracks.

The disappearance generated national attention. Lane, 32, before police arrested him on suspicion of Bianca Jones' murder, appeared on Nancy Grace's Headline News to discuss the disappearance.

Bianca Jones' mother, Banika Jones, 32, thinks her daughter is still alive.

"They will not be able to bring in one person who will be able to testify to seeing my daughter hurt or seeing my daughter deceased," Banika Jones said. "I believe my daughters was kidnapped and somebody is holding her at this time.

"I believe they are keeping her, or they sold her."

Prosecutors have a different take: Wayne County Prosecutor Carin Goldfarb believes Lane fatally beat his daughter with a stick wrapped in duct tape on Dec. 1 because she had a toilet training accident.

Lane then placed the 2-year-old's blanket-wrapped body in a vehicle the following morning and proceeded to drive his nephew and older daughter to school.

After dropping off the other children, police believe Lane then disposed of his daughter's body and claimed he'd been carjacked and his daughter stolen.

Investigators found the car blocks away; Bianca Jones never was found.

"I've never done anything to cause them any physical pain," Lane said in a December interview with Channel 2. "People would say I'm one of the nicest kindest people you would meet.

"I don't know what the reason is for this; I just want to see her home."

In court last week the jury listened to a 911 call in which Lane is heard sobbing, seemingly breathless and unable to answer simple questions for the 911 dispatcher, such as what make and model car he was driving.

Bianca Jones lived with her mother on Custer in Detroit, but in late November Lane took his child.

Banika Jones said she was looking for a job and needed Lane's help so that she could search. It was the longest she had ever been away from her child.

Testimony from two women, a roommate of Lane's and a roommate of Banika Jones's, both said Lane was an attentive father who regularly prepared breakfast for his children.

"He's one of my best friends," Banika Jones said. "We watch Star Trek, we play Monopoly, he plays go fish with my daughter."

Rico Blackwell, an old friend of Lane's said he saw him driving and talked to him on Dec. 2, the day Lane said his daughter was stolen.

Blackwell said he ran into Lane between an hour and 1 hour and 45 minutes before the 911 call and there were no children in the car. Based on the timeline, Bianca Jones should have been with her father.

The defense attempted to discredit Blackwell, pointing to inconsistencies in statements he's provided and noting that he is living in a facility for substance abusers and homeless.

Testimony in the Lane trial had not concluded as if Tuesday. Due to the court being closed on Wednesday for Yom Kippur, a Jewish religious holiday, the proceedings won't resume until Wednesday.

"I think this is a case where the prosecution is feeding a media frenzy," said Lane's attorney Terry Johnson. "Any time a little girl is missing, we always want ... to blame someone and sometimes its easier to blame a father.

"When you look into his background and you see he has seven kids and other things you make certain fast, quick assumptions.

I don't think (prosecutors) have don their full work on this matter, to number one have the charges against Mr. Lane stick; and secondly they haven't done what they're supposed to do to find Bianca."
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:50 pm

September 27, 2012 at 1:12 pm
Father charged in girl's death pleads with police to go home in video

By Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News
0 Comments
Detroit — D'Andre Lane pleaded with police in December to reunite him with his family as they pressed him to reveal the whereabouts of his missing toddler daughter.

The Detroit father of seven and a Wayne County jury intently watched his hours-long exchange with police in a videotaped interview played in the second week of testimony in his trial on charges of felony murder and child abuse.

Lane is facing mandatory life in prison if convicted on allegations he fatally beat 2-year-old Bianca Jones on Dec. 2 over a bed-wetting incident, fabricated a carjacking and disposed of her body. The child's remains haven't been found.

In a section of the Dec. 3 interview at a Detroit Police precinct, Officer John Quincy presses Lane on his daughter's whereabouts and stresses, "I don't want people to paint a picture like you're some murderer."

"She might have fell out of bed," Quincy suggested to Lane. "I don't think you did anything bad. I feel that God sent me here to talk to you. If this was a mistake, this is your opportunity, brother."

"We're going to find her … Did anything go wrong, brother?"

Lane denies causing his daughter any harm and asks to go home.

"Being with my child is the most important thing to me right now," Lane said. "This is not the environment I should be in now. I want to be with my family. People know I wouldn't do nothing to hurt my child."

Later, a visibly flustered Lane puts his head in his hands when Quincy repeatedly asks him to account for a 35-minute gap between the time he was allegedly carjacked and placed a call to his roommate for help.

Lane told the officer he "can't remember everything" and didn't call 911 because "I was messed up."

In a part of the tape previously played in court, Lane told Quincy that Bianca hadn't slept well the evening prior to her disappearance after falling out of bed around 1 a.m.

Earlier, he'd "popped" the child with the stick to discipline her, he said.

"I was keeping her up. She kept on trying to nod out. I popped her on the butt, like 'come on baby, get up,'" Lane told Quincy.

Last week, Bianca's mother, Banika Jones, testified at the opening of the trial that she stands behind Lane and believes her daughter is alive.

Lane's attorney, Terry L. Johnson, contends his client cooperated with the investigation and there's no evidence that he fatally abused Bianca.

The trial before Judge Vonda R. Evans in Wayne County Circuit Court is expected to span several weeks and includes about 40 prosecution witnesses and six for defense.

Evans empanelled a jury of 16, rather than the typical 14, due to the anticipated length of the trial. Four of the members will later be dismissed.

cferretti@detroitnews.com

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120927/METRO01/209270464#ixzz27iHkILJm
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121003/METRO01/210030396/Bianca-Jones-case-resumes-today-forensic-canine-experts-expected-testify?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

October 3, 2012 at 10:52 am
Bianca Jones case resumes today with forensic canine experts expected to testify

By Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News
1 Comments
Detroit — Testimony continues Wednesday in the felony murder trial of a Detroit father accused in the December disappearance of his toddler daughter.

D'Andre Lane is on trial in Wayne County Circuit Court on allegations he fatally abused Bianca Jones over a bed-wetting incident on Dec. 2, disposed of her body and fabricated a carjacking. The child's body has not been recovered.

Defense contends prosecution has no evidence that proves Lane abused or murdered the child.

Jurors Wednesday are expected to hear from forensic canine experts, including Martin Grime, whose dog, Morse, allegedly detected the scent of human decomposition in Lane's car and home.

Defense attorneys have criticized the controversial and relatively new and "highly prejudicial" scientific method of using cadaver dogs to detect human decomposition and fought, prior to trial, to have it tossed out.

Circuit Judge Vonda R. Evans heard arguments over the testimony in August and ultimately sided with prosecutors.

Grime, an FBI contract worker, is expected to take the stand Wednesday. He previously testified that his dog detected a cadaver scent inside Lane's car, on Bianca's blanket and on a car seat, and in the girl's bedroom in Lane's home. Grime said the dogs cannot determine identity, age, race, gender or the rate of decomposition.

Lane has said Bianca was in the back seat of his 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis the morning of Dec. 2 when he was approached by armed carjackers near Brush Street and Grand River.

The vehicle was found shortly after, but the child was not inside.

The jury last week watched an hours-long interview between Lane and police on the day after his daughter went missing.

In a section of the Dec. 3 interview at a Detroit Police precinct, Officer John Quincy presses Lane on his daughter's whereabouts and stresses, "I don't want people to paint a picture like you're some murderer."

Lane denies causing his daughter any harm and asks to go home.

Later, a visibly flustered Lane puts his head in his hands when Quincy repeatedly asks him to account for a 35-minute gap between the time he was allegedly carjacked and placed a call to his roommate for help.

Lane told the officer he "can't remember everything" and didn't call 911 because "I was messed up."

In another part of the tape, Lane told Quincy that Bianca hadn't slept well the evening prior to her disappearance after falling out of bed around 1 a.m.

Bianca's mother, Banika Jones, testified at the opening of the trial that she stands behind Lane and believes her daughter is alive.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121003/METRO01/210030396#ixzz28H6RVX5v
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Grime, an FBI contract worker, is expected to take the stand Wednesday. He previously testified that his dog detected a cadaver scent inside Lane's car, on Bianca's blanket and on a car seat, and in the girl's bedroom in Lane's home. Grime said the dogs cannot determine identity, age, race, gender or the rate of decomposition.

And that is somewhat less than impressive anywhere, never mind in a crime-riddled, Detroit slum.

If that is all the prosecution have got, they are, IMO, in trouble.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:01 am

http://www.freep.com/article/20121004/NEWS01/310040204/Expert-testifies-that-cadaver-dog-gave-signals-about-toddler-in-defendant-s-car-house

Expert testifies that cadaver dog gave signals about toddler in defendant's car, house

A cadaver dog with what handlers call near-perfect accuracy passed 30 cars in an impound lot before alerting on a silver Mercury Grand Marquis driven by a Detroit father charged with killing his 2-year-old daughter.

But defense attorneys for D'Andre Lane, 32, questioned whether the dog's response was authentic because the body of Lane's daughter, Bianca Jones, has not been found.

Prosecutors said Lane, who is on trial in Wayne County County Circuit Court, killed Bianca after a potty-training accident and tried to cover it up by calling police on Dec. 2 to report she was taken in a carjacking.

Police found Lane's car running several blocks away from the alleged carjacking site, but the toddler was missing. Prosecutors say the child is presumed dead.

Dog handler and FBI contractor Martin Grime testified during Lane's trial Wednesday that he and his two English springer spaniels -- Morse and Keela --flew from England to Washington, D.C., then drove to Detroit on Dec. 4 to search for Bianca.

Local investigators took Grime and Morse, who is trained to detect decomposing human remains, to an enclosed garage at the Detroit Police Department's impound lot. Inside, he released Morse, leading him through a maze of 31 parked cars, including Lane's silver Mercury.

"He went underneath Mr. Lane's car then came out and barked ... like woof-woof-woof-woof-woof-woof-woof," Grime said, adding that he wasn't told that the silver Mercury was Lane's until after the search was complete.

"What was the response what you opened the door and the trunk, sir?" Assistant Prosecutor Carin Goldfarb asked.

"There was a positive response -- the dog barked continuously," he said, adding that the dog didn't bark at any other cars.

He said they then went to a Detroit Police Department evidence room, where investigators wrapped Bianca's car seat in brown paper and hid it in an office within a number of rooms.

Grime said there was no response during the first search, when the car seat was sealed inside the brown paper. He then asked officers to put a slit in the paper and move the car seat to another room.

"The second time, when the dog got close to the package, he put his nose in the package and gave a positive response," Grime said.

Investigators then set up a search in another warehouse using Bianca's blanket that had been in the car seat. Grime said the dog barked when it came across a brown paper bag on the floor with the blanket inside.

"Were you aware of where any of these items were going to be when Morse signaled on them?" Goldfarb asked,

"No," Grime said, adding that he can't force the dog to bark continuously and he never saw the actual car seat or blanket.

Grime said he then took Morse to Lane's house, where Morse sat and barked in Bianca's bedroom, close to the opening of a door-less closet.

"Have the results you've come up with ever been contradicted?" Judge Vonda Evans asked. He said no.

But Lane's attorney, Terry Johnson, raised questions about the dog's ability to detect decomposition during his cross-examination.

"You have no way of telling what Morse responded to at any location?" Johnson asked Grime.

"He gave us a positive response," Morse said. "The corroboration would normally be to find a cadaver or bone or blood that you can see."

"The dog did not give a positive response to the clothing worn by Mr. Lane, correct?" Johnson asked.

"No," Grime said.

=============

Investigators then set up a search in another warehouse using Bianca's blanket that had been in the car seat.

WTF? More circus tricks.

The defence is going to tear this to shreds.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:04 am

He said they then went to a Detroit Police Department evidence room, where investigators wrapped Bianca's car seat in brown paper and hid it in an office within a number of rooms.

Grime said there was no response during the first search, when the car seat was sealed inside the brown paper. He then asked officers to put a slit in the paper and move the car seat to another room.

"The second time, when the dog got close to the package, he put his nose in the package and gave a positive response," Grime said.

-----------

Why not just throw the case out now and be done with? This is exactly what many feared would happen.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 am

bb1 wrote:He said they then went to a Detroit Police Department evidence room, where investigators wrapped Bianca's car seat in brown paper and hid it in an office within a number of rooms.

-----------

Why not just throw the case out now and be done with? This is exactly what many feared would happen.
So, the cadaver dog can smell cadaver under concrete but not through a brown paper bag?
Wow Rolling Eyes

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 am

Quite, Tony. Not to mention it being moved from room to room until the dog woofed...we seem to have been here before.

Another report:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121004/METRO01/210040398/1006/metro01/Defense-targets-cadaver-dog-evidence-missing-child-case

October 4, 2012 at 1:00 am
Defense targets cadaver dog evidence in missing child case

By Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News
0 Comments
Detroit — Defense attorneys attempted Wednesday to minimize key evidence from a cadaver-detecting dog in the circumstantial murder trial of a Detroit man accused in the death of his missing toddler.

D'Andre Lane is charged with felony murder and child abuse on allegations he fatally beat 2-year-old Bianca Jones because she wet herself, disposed of her body and fabricated a carjacking to cover up the crime. The child's body has not been found.

Lane is facing mandatory life if convicted in the case that relies on circumstantial evidence, including a cadaver dog named Morse, who is handled by forensic canine expert Martin Grime.

Defense attorney Terry L. Johnson pointed out during testimony Wednesday in Wayne Circuit Court that the dog's positive detection of human decomposition in this case — signified with repeated barking — is unsubstantiated because it hasn't been linked to a corpse.

Johnson, who questioned the forensic canine experts with direction from Texas-based police service dog analyst Steven Nicely, also added that Morse didn't alert its handler to the scent of decomposition on Lane's clothing.

"You have no way of telling what Morse responded to," said Johnson, noting the positive detection hasn't been connected to the body of Bianca or anyone else. "You don't know if it was a positive or negative response."

Grime conceded a determination is usually made when something is found.

"The corroboration would normally be you finding a cadaver, bone or human blood that I could see," he told Johnson, adding that the dog has never given a false response.

Johnson has called the relatively new scientific method "highly prejudicial" and unsuccessfully fought to have it excluded from Lane's trial.

Grime testified Wednesday that Morse detected a cadaver scent inside Lane's car two days after the alleged carjacking. The dog selected the vehicle, which was among 31 others, at a Detroit impound lot.

The dog later alerted Grime of alleged human decomposition on Bianca's car seat and blanket as well as the girl's bedroom inside Lane's home.

Grime testified that the dog was accurate in tests prior to the visit to Detroit and after.

Grime has said the cadaver dogs cannot determine identity, age, race, gender or the rate of decomposition.

Rex A. Stockham, FBI forensic canine program manager, also testified about Morse on Wednesday. He said the English springer spaniel is regularly tested for proficiency, and while no dog is perfect, Morse has been accurate.

"I'm aware of no false positives for Morse," he said. "We've never had any case yet where the dog has responded and it's been shown to be incorrect."

Lane claims Bianca was in the back seat of his 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis the morning of Dec. 2 when he was approached by armed carjackers near Brush Street and Grand River.

The vehicle was found shortly after, but the child was not inside.

Bianca's mother, Banika Jones, testified at the opening of the trial that she stands behind Lane and believes her daughter is alive.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121004/METRO01/210040398#ixzz28JjlZgdt
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 am

"You have no way of telling what Morse responded to," said Johnson, noting the positive detection hasn't been connected to the body of Bianca or anyone else. "You don't know if it was a positive or negative response."

Grime conceded a determination is usually made when something is found.

"The corroboration would normally be you finding a cadaver, bone or human blood that I could see," he told Johnson, adding that the dog has never given a false response.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121004/METRO01/210040398#ixzz28Jknn1hR
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:46 am

We've been here before with him.

It's possible the father is guilty but without forensic evidence you have nothing.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 am

My personal opinion is that it is very probable the father is guilty, Lily, but what I *think* doesn't count.

I would like to see some actual evidence, and parcels having to be moved, then cut open, to induce Morse to woof, aren't really good enough.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:06 am

bb1 wrote:My personal opinion is that it is very probable the father is guilty, Lily, but what I *think* doesn't count.

I would like to see some actual evidence, and parcels having to be moved, then cut open, to induce Morse to woof, aren't really good enough.
This doesn't make sense. The dog could pick the car out; which I am assuming had the doors closed?
But brown paper bags confuse him unless open?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:06 am

It would be a terrifying day if it was decided that people could be found guilty of anything solely on the bark of a dog.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next