JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case

+5
lily
greenink211
Lamplighter
Sabot
bb1
9 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 Empty Re: Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Well, having started out being reasonably convinced Lane was guilty, I have ended up thinking, It's just possible he isn't, anything could happen in that city.

He probably is guilty, but IMO his guilt hasn't been proven.

ETA, bear in mind that I am in the only country in the world that has the rather useful Not Proven verdict, which I would say fits the bill more often than is realised.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case - Page 14 Empty Re: Haters in frenzy of dog-worship over US case

Post  Sabot Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:34 pm

bb1 wrote:Well, having started out being reasonably convinced Lane was guilty, I have ended up thinking, It's just possible he isn't, anything could happen in that city.

He probably is guilty, but IMO his guilt hasn't been proven.

ETA, bear in mind that I am in the only country in the world that has the rather useful Not Proven verdict, which I would say fits the bill more often than is realised.....

Beware of what you wish for, Bonny. The Forkers would Lynch anyone on that verdict, especially The McCanns. And it probably only means that The Jury couldn't agree.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:46 pm

No, it means the jury think the accused Done It, but the prosecution failed to prove their case.

I was a bit surprised by the verdict in the Pilley case, but the discovery that the prosecution made such an enormous blunder explains a lot.

It probably won't be back in court for ages, but there will be much weeping and wailing from the forkers if that gets overturned on appeal.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Still no news:

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/jury-to-decide-fate-of-dandre-lane-in-bianca-jones-murder-trial

Posted: 10/10/2012
Last Updated: 8 minutes ago
By: WXYZ.com Web Staff
DETROIT (WXYZ) - The 12 men and women deciding the fate of D'Andre Lane return to the jury room Friday morning after nearly five hours of deliberations on Thursday.
Lane is accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter, Bianca Jones.
Should Lane be found guilty of Felony Murder and First Degree Child Abuse the penalty is life in prison without the chance of parole. The decision would have to be unanimous by the jurors

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:54 pm

They obviously aren't unanimous at the moment.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Jury has reached a verdict.

The announcement will be at 12.30 (17.30 UK) time.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/jury-reaches-verdict-in-dandre-lane-murder-tria
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Jury reaches verdict in Bianaca Jones murder trial

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/jury-reaches-verdict-in-dandre-lane-murder-tria#ixzz296MFx8LA

Posted: 11:48 AM
Last Updated: 11 minutes ago

DETROIT (WXYZ) - A jury has reached a verdict in the Bianca Jones murder trial. D'Andre Lane will learn his fate at 12:30 p.m.

Lane is accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter, Bianca Jones.

Should Lane be found guilty of Felony Murder and First Degree Child Abuse the penalty is life in prison without the chance of parole. The decision would have to be unanimous by the jurors.

In his closing argument Wednesday, defense attorney Terry Johnson told the jury that Lane is not a killer but may be a "punk" for letting carjackers drive off with Bianca.

Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Qiana Lillard fired back at Johnson's claim that Lane was just scared. Lillard told jurors that Lane killed Bianca.

In her rebuttal, Lillard told the jury, "A punk? Well that's not my word, that's the defense word. But if they want to use that word, let's use it. Yeah, he acted like a punk. He acted like a punk when he took this stick and beat that baby. That was the punk move. And then he beat that baby until she was lifeless and bleeding. And he wasn't man enough to face what he did. He took her.. he hid her.. he got rid of her and he threw her away like trash, instead of manning up and admitting what he did to that child. That was the punk move."

Lane insists that his daughter was taken during a carjacking last December. He told police that armed men took off with his daughter in his car.

Prosecutors believe Lane lost his temper when Bianca had a potty accident. They believe Lane killed her and disposed of her body somewhere.

Throughout the trial, prosecutors suggested Lane was obsessed with toilet training his children.

Prosecutors believe Bianca was dead that morning and alleged Lane covered Bianca's lifeless body up with a blanket and put her in her car seat when he took his then seven-year-old daughter and nephew to school.

After dropping the two children off, prosecutors and police believe Lane disposed of his daughter's body and then concocted a carjacking story to cover up the crime.

Lane and his defense attorney maintain that Bianca was alive when she was snatched by armed carjackers around 9:00 a.m. that morning.

Police located Lane's vehicle about six blocks away from the site of the reported carjacking. The engine was still running with the driver's side door open.

In their closing argument, prosecutors told the jury that Lane probably thought someone would steal the vehicle and that would help bolster what they say are his lies about what really happened to Bianca.

Bianca's car seat and blanket were found in the back seat, but Bianca has never been found.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/jury-reaches-verdict-in-dandre-lane-murder-tria#ixzz296M1Dchx
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks, Greenink - that's 5.30 our time?

Duh, of course it is, you said so earlier embarass
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:21 pm

This is what comes of watching Law and Order. I always thought that US juries just walked straight into the courtroom and announced their verdict, to be greeted by screams/applause/disbelief, according to what they have decided.

Obviously not.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:33 pm

It is 6.32 here. 5.32 your time. Two minutes is quite long enough to wait, if you don't mind me saying.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:35 pm

What on earth is going on on that link?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

bb1 wrote:This is what comes of watching Law and Order. I always thought that US juries just walked straight into the courtroom and announced their verdict, to be greeted by screams/applause/disbelief, according to what they have decided.

Obviously not.

Everybody who is interested is in the nearest Bar. They have a direct line to the nearest Bar, but they all need a bit of time for mouth wash and other such stuff.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:40 pm

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, Sabot. There has been, so far, ten minutes of a blurry skype feed of people standing around and going in and out of the courtroom.

It all seems awfully casual.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Not what you could call a professional feed from a TV company. Soundless very low quality pictures via skype. I think it looks like a mobile phone feed actually. Maybe the battery ran out. Its gone dead.

Yes it was a mobile feed. Now opened the professional link.

Last edited by greenink211 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:43 pm

...And it's gone, with no announcement.

I'm glad it's not just me, Greenink, I couldn't make head nor tail of that.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Oh, a proper picture!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:45 pm

They were obviously trying to get a feed and using a mobile phone in the interim.

Another different feed here.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/WATCH-LIVE-Verdict-announced-in-Bianca-Jones-murder-case/-/1719418/16963784/-/js07hwz/-/index.html
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:47 pm

It's all awfully casual to British eyes - and who was that bloke getting congratulated?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm

I think the delay might actually be so the media are all in place and the cams and mikes set up properly.

Wasnt he just the man who managed to get the mike working?
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:52 pm

GUILTY
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Ah well, it's the right verdict, but it is going to be interesting to see why the jurors voted as they did, as almost nothing in the local press justified it.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:08 pm

bb1 wrote:Ah well, it's the right verdict, but it is going to be interesting to see why the jurors voted as they did, as almost nothing in the local press justified it.

Not having followed in any detail, I don't really know the full story. But I have to accept that they have had good reason to make that decision. I just hope they weren't overly swayed by the dramatics of the prosecutor in the closing speech. It sounded fine on screen as words but when the performance (and that's what it was) was seen on video, it was crazy.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:13 pm

This is the Pyrrhic Victory. He will Appeal.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:20 pm

I can only judge from what I read, Greenink, which was nonsensical.

The prosecution alleged Lane killed Bianca during the night and left her body in the bed till morning.

Two of the other children testified that they saw Bianca alive the following morning. Which should have made a nonsense of the prosecution case.

Forkers' favourite Grime made no sense - the stuff about brown paper parcels having to have slits cut in them is recorded here. As are the reports that the woof wasn't interested in either the accused or the bed the dead child had supposedly lain in for hours.

A Detroit police dog handler picked up Bianca's trail from the vehicle, finding a black mask, or hat, or something, and then - nothing. It wasn't followed up, apparently.

I can only assume that the jury heard slightly more coherent evidence than was reported.

I *think* Lane did harm the child, but did I see that proven beyond reasonable doubt from what I read? No.

I thought it might be a mistrial. I suspect the jury may have decided that Lane harmed Bianca in the car, and ignored the bit about the prosecution alleging it happened the night before?

I am shedding no tears for Lane being behind bars; I hope the jurors follow the rather odd (to UK eyes) custom of explaining their decision.

Agree, Sabot, I doubt if we have heard the last of this rather peculiar case.

Last edited by bb1 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:22 pm

BTW, I am chuckling about the forkers reporting this verdict; the only reason they know anything at all about the case is that they have all been hanging around here, waiting for titbits and scraps. biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next