JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT

+2
bb1
Lamplighter
6 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 Empty Re: 2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Latest is that the suspect is awake,unable to speak due to wound to throat but is communicating by writing with the investigators. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT - Page 6 Empty Re: 2 EXPLOSIONS AT BOSTON MARATHON - AT LEAST 6 HURT

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Looks like he isn't going to Gitmo:

Boston Bomb Suspect Charged In Hospital Bed
The alleged attacker will be prosecuted in a criminal court instead of being treated as an "enemy combatant", it is confirmed.

The surviving Boston marathon bomb suspect has been charged in his hospital bed - where he reportedly remains unable to speak because of a gunshot injury.

The White House has said Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will not be treated as an "enemy combatant", which would have involved a military tribunal. Instead he will be prosecuted through the criminal court system.

The nature of the federal charges against the 19-year-old have not yet been disclosed.

He is in a serious condition at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre, where some of those wounded in the blasts are also being treated.

A White House spokesman said Tsarnaev, as a naturalised US citizen, cannot be tried in a military tribunal. He added that the federal court system has been used to convict and imprison hundreds of terrorists since the September 11 attacks.

http://news.sky.com/story/1081184/boston-bomb-suspect-charged-in-hospital-bed
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Well, at lest his brother won't be tried by a military tribunal. He's dead, thanks to his brother. He wasn't an American Citizen.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Yes, he may have done his brother a favour by running him over. He certainly saved the US taxpayers a few dollars.

I do hope the bloke whose boat got shot up is presented with a new one.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:11 pm

I read that he is. That should help make him a bit happier.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:19 pm

I wonder if, now his brother is out of the picture, the younger one will attempt to somehow save his hide by revealing just what the pair of them were up to, and who was funding them? Because someone must have been, from the amount of explosives and arms they seem to have stockpiled.

Not to mention trips back to Russia - and Merc SUVs don't come cheap, either.

Apologies, I got muddled and forgot they stole the car.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:25 pm

lily wrote:I read that he is. That should help make him a bit happier.

What about the Medical Bills of the injured, Lily? I am reading that they are having to start Donation Funds to pay for their medical treatment. This surely cannot be true.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Sabot wrote:

What about the Medical Bills of the injured, Lily? I am reading that they are having to start Donation Funds to pay for their medical treatment. This surely cannot be true.
They don't have NH over there, ma petite, everyone is supposed to have insurance, but often people can't afford it. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:42 pm

It's not just the medical bills, it's the rehabilitation, loss of income, everything.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Sabot wrote:

There have indeed been funds started for people with hefty donations already added.

America is a Republic not a Democracy unlike in Europe. Obamacare makes it mandatory for people to purchase health care or be fined. So things are changing.......

Americans have chosen historically not be be overburdened by taxation but that is fast falling by the wayside.

Remember the cry "No taxation without representation"? Interestingly, if all the population paid just 10% of their annual income, they would have more than the current amounts in receivable income tax. Wink
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
Sabot wrote:

They don't have NH over there, ma petite, everyone is supposed to have insurance, but often people can't afford it. LL

Yes, I know, LL But technically, what are thy going to do? Tell them to bugger off because they can't afford to pay?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:10 pm

I shouldn't think anyone is going to be chasing them for medical bills, Sabot, but when things as life-changing as this happen to people, there are a thousand other expenses as well.

Even travel for family members...adapted cars....anything and everything.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:12 pm

I am well aware of all this, I went through a very distressing prolonged time (5 years) when my ex had a near fatal accident and I had a child of 8 months alone in the US.

It was so hard.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:19 pm

I know this isn't a thread about US Medical Insurance, but it suddenly become pertinent for some.

I am far from well off, and my largest monthly bill is Medical Insurance, which I dare not not pay. I would not be able to sleep easy if I didn't, and I am never ill.. So I don't actually have huge sympathy for people who don't pay it. I think it is wrong, but it is The Law. And I would go without to pay it, which I actually do.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Well, you typically get health insurance as part of your job benefits, Sabot, and/or reduced rates offered through the employer. You have to pay the balance of the medical bills which can really add up. You do not get help with other bills and child care is very high.

I was lucky that I had a good job but it was really difficult and a long haul with all the additional burdens everything brought. I really empathize with the people. My salary could only stretch so far and at that time it did not go quite far enough........
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Snap, LL, was just reading that here:

http://news.sky.com/story/1081584/terror-plot-to-attack-us-and-canada-foiled

Do you suppose Hoho will be making nasty remarks, when it's right on her own doorstep?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm

lily wrote:Well, you typically get health insurance as part of your job benefits, Sabot, and/or reduced rates offered through the employer. You have to pay the balance of the medical bills which can really add up. You do not get help with other bills and child care is very high.

I was lucky that I had a good job but it was really difficult and a long haul with all the additional burdens everything brought. I really empathize with the people. My salary could only stretch so far and at that time it did not go quite far enough........

Sorry, Lily, these things are never straight forward, and it's very easy to think that accidents won't happen to you, so of course it is hard if they do..
I get partial free cover and pay insurance on the balance only, so heaven knows what it would cost if I had to cover it all.

I don't know what the answer is. But I do know that I don't think much of The British National Health Service, and that it is in the interests of France to keep me alive because as long as I'm alive they get paid. Not so in Britain.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Maybe I've been lucky, Sabot, but I have nothing but praise for the NHS. It has its failings, as does any organisation involving human beings, but I very much appreciate it. As do my family, young and old.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:17 am

Breakingnews Breakingnews Just on CNN.
Spanish police arrest two possible al-Qaida terrorists. LL
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2013/04/23/Spain-arrests-two-al-Qaeda-suspects-ministry.html
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:48 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10011700/Boston-bombings-Dzhokhar-Tsarneav-says-brother-was-driving-force-behind-attack.html

Boston bombings: Dzhokhar Tsarneav says brother was driving force behind attack

Classic defence - blame the dead dude.

During the short bedside hearing he uttered what is believed to be his first word since his arrest, replying "No" when asked if he could afford a lawyer.

Why am I not surprised that he managed to choke out a word when his Yuman Rites were involved? Rolling Eyes
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:06 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:40 am

http://news.sky.com/story/1082779/boston-bombing-suspect-on-terror-list-in-2011

The name of the dead Boston bombing suspect was placed on a federal government terrorist database 18 months before the marathon attack, according to US officials.

Sources close to the investigation said that the Russian-born Chechen brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had been radicalised through jihadist materials on the internet.

According to the US officials Tamerlan was added by the CIA to a classified database of known and suspected terrorists - the Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment, known as Tide.

But how can this be? Bushmeat Brown says he just wanted his day in the sun....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:45 am

It would seem that they have had the gall not to consult with her first? Rolling Eyes
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next