JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far!

+2
Sabot
lily
6 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 Empty Re: Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far!

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:52 pm

Say what you like about Tony - and why not - he actually understood that if a party is to have any effect at all it needs to actually get elected.

I heard a comment from one of the Corbyn team saying that Under jeremy the Labour Party is more about staying true to the labour ideals than in being popular. It sounds like they are a bit disappointed in the electorate.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 Empty Re: Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far!

Post  bb1 Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:01 pm

I am merely an onlooker, Jean-Pierre, I don't actually understand what's going on, and most of the names involved are meaningless to me.

IMO, if Blair hadn't taken us into Iraq, he'd be regarded as a national treasure, instead of a war criminal. I suspect that history is going to record that the Iraq war was one of the worst, biggest blunders the West, for wont of a better word, has ever made.

Isn't there a stray Milliband brother around somewhere? The less-toothy one?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:31 pm

There goes another one:

Chris Bryant MPVerified account
‏@RhonddaBryant
I’ve just spoken to Jeremy Corbyn and tendered my resignation from the Shadow Cabinet. We need someone new to unite and lead Labour.

Not an entirely popular move....

(((Mhairi))) ‏@HRH_Mh 9m9 minutes ago
@RhonddaBryant the nation thanks you for imploding the party at a time of national crisis you utterly repellent lizard
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:03 pm

bb1 wrote:I am merely an onlooker, Jean-Pierre, I don't actually understand what's going on, and most of the names involved are meaningless to me.

IMO, if Blair hadn't taken us into Iraq, he'd be regarded as a national treasure, instead of a war criminal. I suspect that history is going to record that the Iraq war was one of the worst, biggest blunders the West, for wont of a better word, has ever made.

Isn't there a stray Milliband brother around somewhere? The less-toothy one?

When Ed got the leadership and David bu66ered to the states I predicted that he would wait safely in the USA until Ed buggered it up.  And until the Labour Party went through the dark times.

And then he would sweep back in time for an election.  To my mind he is the only labour politician who actually looks like a potential prime minister.  

So you may just be right Bonny.  

Btw we are all on the sidelines in open mouthed astonishment at what is going on in the whole of the political class without a single exception.  

Whoever took the political brain cell home for the weekend could they bring it back please.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:12 pm

And bear in mind that, following Ms Cox's killing, there is a spare, safe Labour seat....

Many bewildered headlines tomorrow - I like this best:

Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 Cl51CXYWgAEPegc

I do think the media need to do a bit of checking on the '3 million petition', though , as 2,999,999 of them appear to be 4chan playing with a script.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:07 am

The news this morning suggests to me that the financial head is in conflict with the political heart.

Which will win?

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:13 am

My financial head was somewhat in conflict with my political heart. I think they got the right answer for Britain at the moment. I do hope so because because it might not do me personally a lot of good.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:58 am

Jean-Pierre.t50 wrote:The news this morning suggests to me that the financial head is in conflict with the political heart.  

Which will win?

£££££££££££££. Same as it ever was.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:39 am

http://order-order.com/2016/06/27/labour-coup-day-two/

Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 COUP

(snipped)

Shadow Foreign Secretary – Emily Thornberry
Shadow Health Secretary – Diane Abbott
Shadow Education Secretary – Pat Glass

Abbot? Health? Jezza's ex (or maybe current) girlfriend? The Abbott that's nicknamed Abbopotamus because she's so obese? At Health?

MWHAHAHAHA. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:46 am

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/politics/lord-sugar-says-ex-south-shields-mp-david-miliband-can-save-labour-1-7983370

David Miliband save Labor?   I have been told by a Labor supporter friend that most Laborites hate him  as he blatantly tried to shaft Blair and steal the leadership from him.     LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:01 am

Is Labour actually savable, LL? They seem to have learned NOTHING, and are still a party for London chatterers, and not working class voters outside London who have defected to UKIP in protest.

It's enlightening to go back to the last general election and see how many Northern English seats UKIP came second in - but Labour just did not pay any attention to the revolt bubbling up under them.

The Chilcott report is due out shortly, and that could spell big trouble for Blair. I don't know, I am not really placed to be in tune with the Labour party in England.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:20 am

bb1 wrote:Is Labour actually savable, LL? They seem to have learned NOTHING, and are still a party for London chatterers, and not working class voters outside London who have defected to UKIP in protest.

It's enlightening to go back to the last general election and see how many Northern English seats UKIP came second in - but Labour just did not pay any attention to the revolt bubbling up under them.

The Chilcott report is due out shortly, and that could spell big trouble for Blair. I don't know, I am not really placed to be in tune with the Labour party in England.
I am apolitical, bonny, I have no idea if Labor is saveable, and I don't care either. I think Blair and Brown started the rot in the party, Corbyn looks like he's finishing the job. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:54 pm

bb1 wrote:This one is....different, Lily.

BBC Breaking NewsVerified account
‏@BBCBreaking
Lord Falconer, Shadow justice secretary, is 9th person to resign from Labour's front bench
http://bbc.in/264XBZu

Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 Cl5FVBjWQAAiWiw

Nope, means nothing to me. Could someone I've heard of resign, please?

He and Tony Blair were friends and flatmates in their younger days

Max
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:55 pm

Ah, thanks, Max. So, another one in the Blair camp?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Good God! I didn't even know there were 33 in the shadow cabinet. rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:18 pm

Cllr John Edwards
‏@JohnEdwards33
#skynews saying 'expect more Shadow Cabinet resignations in the morning'. Labour MPs are coordinating it with them. Treachery is the word.

The anti-Corbyns are, IMO, dangerously close to overplaying their hand, as it's getting silly now....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:31 pm

http://order-order.com/2016/06/27/inside-the-plp-the-worst-speech-i-have-ever-heard-in-my-life/

Inside, Corbyn was asked to resign by all wings of the party: lefty Chris Matheson told him he wasn’t a leader, Jess Phillips begged him to quit, Yvette Cooper was the biggest hitter to give a speech, telling Jez he wasn’t good enough. Ex-shadow Scotland secretary Ian Murray revealed to the room that his constituency office had been targeted by Momentum, telling Corbyn “you keep encouraging them”, leaving staff “terrified“. He pleaded with the leadership to “call off the dogs“. Outside in a protest at Parliament Square Momentum representatives chanted “f**k you” to the plotters. A spokesman for Corbyn said: “Demonstrations are part of our democracy.”

backstab
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:17 am

At least SOME people support Corbyn: Huge crowd turns out to show backing for under-fire Labour leader at Westminster rally as he faces mutiny after FORTY SIX resign from his front bench

Islington neighbour Emily Thornberry made new shadow foreign secretary and Diane Abbot takes on health
Pat Glass takes education portfolio, Andy McDonald transport. Clive Lewis defence - but he's stuck at Glastonbury
Angela Eagle, Lisa Nandy, Owen Smith , Diana Johnson, Anna Turley and Toby Perkins all quit frontbench today
Number of resignations passes 40 in protest at Corbyn's leadership, whose allies insist he is 'going nowhere'
Momentum activists staged a noisy rally in Parliament Square tonight in protest at MPs' bid to remove Corbyn

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3661724/Labour-exodus-continues-three-shadow-ministers-quit-protest-Corbyn-s-leadership-bringing-total-14-deputy-leader-set-tell-resign.html
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:26 am

Some of those protesters are a pretty nasty lot, LL - Momentum are the old hardline Trots back again.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:46 am

This is all quite disgraceful. What a way to carry on.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:50 am

I do not like the spectres that are gathering in the wings - and I fear people like Wilders and Le Pen who will use any discord to forward their own nationalistic agendas. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:57 am

This is what happens when politicians don't listen to people, LL, when eurocrats ride roughshod over the little people.

Also, Darwinism starts coming into play - the madness that the EU has become is threatening people's lives and everything they have worked for, and believe in.

Want to stop it? Get rid of Juncker and co. Merkel needs to grasp she's Chancellor of Germany, not Empress of Europe. Start returning power to individual nations.

Above all, remember the EU was supposed to be a friendly trading bloc, not the reborn Holy Roman Empire.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:36 am

J.K. RowlingVerified account
‏@jk_rowling
11 days ago, a Labour MP was killed in the street leaving her surgery. This T-shirt strike you as funny?

Anti-Corbyn coup fails - so far! - Page 2 Cl_Bm1TXEAAuFfO
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:37 am

bb1 wrote:This is what happens when politicians don't listen to people, LL, when eurocrats ride roughshod over the little people.

Also, Darwinism starts coming into play - the madness that the EU has become is threatening people's lives and everything they have worked for, and believe in.

Want to stop it? Get rid of Juncker and co. Merkel needs to grasp she's Chancellor of Germany, not Empress of Europe. Start returning power to individual nations.

Above all, remember the EU was supposed to be a friendly trading bloc, not the reborn Holy Roman Empire.

I am beginning to come to a similar conclusion Bonny.

I think this has been as a big a shock to Europe as it has been to the uk.

I hope it makes the European leaders pause and think what Europe is for. The comment from Schulz you quoted above is indicative of the attitude of the policy wonks. Their dream of a federal state run by super civil servants is paused and may crumble. Which is why there is panic to give the uk a good kicking and then eject through the barroom doors into a dusty street. To discourage any others who have ideas.

Merkel and hollande need to man up and find a "win win" deal.

I think this will be to remain in the free trade area, retain free movement of people etc and a budget contribution to EU a la Norway. But retain complete control over laws except those which relate to the single market, and freedom to develop trade relations with other nations.

A proper programme needs to developed by the uk government of building sufficient infrastructure, schools, hospitals, doctors, shopping centers, communications etc to accommodate an increasing population.

If the eu want to pursue greater integration then fine - we will not be involved in that. It's going to be a challenge but could be fun.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next