JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister

+6
sadie
Pedro Silva
Maggs
lily
Sabot
bb1
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 Empty Re: Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:03 pm

You know how you can read, and reread, something, but it's meaning doesn't sink in? I was looking for something else and saw this on McCannfiles; it's the original verdict on the torture of Leonor Cipriano:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id248.html

Gonçalo Amaral receives a one and a half year suspended sentence Jornal de Noticias

22 May 2009 16h41m
Translation by Nigel Moore

Gonçalo Amaral was sentenced to a year and a half in prison, suspended, for misrepresentation of evidence in the case of aggressions against Leonor Cipriano.

The ruling, read this afternoon, also ordered the acquittal of Gonçalo Amaral on the crime of omission of denunciation.

All defendants who were accused of the crime of torture - Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, Leonel Marques and Paulo Marques Bom - were acquitted.

The inspector António Cardoso, accused of the crime of forgery of a document, was sentenced to two years and three months, also a suspended penalty.

The ruling in the case of alleged attacks on Leonor Cipriano was read this afternoon in the Court of Faro.

It was taken as proven that Leonor Cipriano was beaten by elements of the Judicial police who could not be identified, and she didn't fall on the stairs, as was suggested
. However, the court failed to ascertain the perpetrators of the aggressions.

The judges pointed out the importance of Teresa Magalhães' deposition, from the Institute of Forensic medicine, who clarified the origin of Leonor Cipriano's lesions. On the negative side, they highlighted the lack of credibility of the victim's testimony due to the constant change of versions that prevented them ascertaining who was responsible for the aggressions.

Well, it's hard to tell which particular coward, of five possible cowards, is beating you up when you have a bag over your head....

The torture, and the sentences, were confirmed:

http://justice4mccannfam.5forum.biz/t3341-gonc-guilty-of-torture-yippee

2 - The Court of Appeal in Évora considered all the evidence in the seat of the Court of first instance is amply sufficient to prove the existence of a serious crime of torture of Leonor Cipriano by police officers of the Portuguese State, in consequence declared rejected all the resources of defendants, including the intention to renew the same evidence;

3 - The Court of Appeal in Évora decided to keep the full ruling end of the first instance;

4 - This was confirmed by the Court of Appeal in Évora that:

a) Leonor Cipriano was brutally tortured by agents of the various Portuguese Judicial Police who remain unidentified;

b) Gonçalo Amaral de Sousa lied to the judiciary by claiming that Leonor Cipriano "fell down the stairs of the PJ in Faro and was not tortured," and is therefore condemned as a perpetrator of a crime of making false allegations to 1 year and 6 months of the sentence in prison, suspended for the same period (1 year and 6 months);

c) Antonio Fernandes Nuno Cardoso falsified documents in order to give the impression that Leonor Cipriano "fell down the stairs of the PJ in Faro and was not tortured," and is therefore condemned as a perpetrator of a crime of forgery of document to 2 years and 3 months imprisonment suspended for a period of two years;

Now go back to FSoares running her mouth off to Bennett and trying to meddle in the investigation:

http://studiesindiseasedsubjects.blogspot.com/search/label/FSoares

As for my job in PJ, and since I work up here in the North - in Porto - I couldn't have access to any type of special information/knowledge about the case. Sometimes I had the feeling there was a curtain of silence around it, and it looked like nobody wanted to talk or comment the case. Once, in the Summer of 2007, I emailed that woman that we could all see on pics, dusting for prints on the shutters, but, what she replied back was completely bogus and it also looked like she wanted to avoid saying anything about the case. I then stopped. I also thought it could be due to the fact that emailing via the internal system could not be good, as the IT department could read everything, if they wanted.

Unfortunatelly, I felt obliged to send Stinky a PM about my workplace as I've explained before. Beachy wasn't a problem to me and neither is you, but Stinky 'scares' me a little. That's why I avoid posting too much nowadays as I don't trust him and have a bad vibe about him. He once implied he had a very good knowledge about Joana's case and also about the details of the alleged 'torture' commited by the officers who were brought from Lisbon, under Amaral's orders. It's fishy as he can't know nothing the rest of public knows, unless:
======================
Nothing 'alleged' about the torture, was there? It was proven - and upheld - in the Portuguese courts.

Does that all not imply that Gonc phoned his good friend, and fellow exploiter of missing children, Cristovao, and got him and a couple of others down to beat up a woman?

This isn't going to go away; I wonder how long it is going to take Gonc to see it is in his own interests to rat out Cristovao and the other two?

After all, him confirming they did it might help rehabilitate him.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 Empty Re: Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister

Post  lily Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Does that all not imply that Gonc phoned his good friend, and fellow exploiter of missing children, Cristovao, and got him and a couple of others down to beat up a woman?

It sure reads that way, Bonny.

Furthermore, the torture was proven.

Nice people aren't they? mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:11 pm

It's obvious to me what Gonc did. He didn't want any local officers implicated so he got them from elsewhere. And it was night time so there won't have been many people around to witness the carry on, or report on the Stairs incident, or lack of.

When I think of that poor woman's face I feel sick. It is obvious that they got carried away in their enjoyment and went further than they meant to, so they had to cook something up.
That wasn't just a beating to get a confession. That was sadism. Sick Feckers.
And then Amaral got two other officers to hold the arms of Leandro Silva while he personally beat him up. Some fine upstanding men there. It is truly sickening.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:18 pm

I wonder what Bennett would say if that happened in the UK? Furthermore, what he might say if someone were to then have the equivalent of a GAAD or GASP day for the offending person?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:20 pm

It hadn't actually sunk in with me that the names of the other officers alleged to be involved were known, or that one of them was Cristovao.

He made a good few €€€€€€€€€€ out of that, didn't he?

I wonder if the Portuguese authorities will feel that overturning that entire nest of rats will raise the spirits of ordinary Portuguese people in such difficult times?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:26 pm

The opportunist sure did make some money, Bonny. That probably served as inspiration for Gonc to write a book, or two.

They did say that they were overhauling the entire judicial system in Portugal sometime after Madeleine went missing, didn't they?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:28 pm

Ah yes, didn't Gonc make the McCanns arguidos - despite the small matter of him having no evidence against them - only days before new laws were due to come into force?

Which would have prevented him from thus commencing his vendetta?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:43 pm

Yes, they did, Bonny, and yes he did.

It would appear that Gonc was so far up himself that he didn't take into consideration that the way he did things in PdL was not how things were done in other countries. Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Yes, I agree with lily, Sabot, bb1.

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:30 pm

The thought of the McCanns being made arguidos, when there was absolutely no evidence against them, must have made the British Authorities' hair stand on end. Can you imagine the scenes of possible abuse flashing in their heads? For they undoubtedly knew everything about Gonc's seedy past that they needed to by then. mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:32 pm

I agree with lily.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Cheers, Pedro. thumbsup
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:42 pm

They certainly knew about Michael Cook. And about Leonor Cipriano I wouldn't wonder.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:54 pm

For sure, Sabot. It would have been only natural for them to find out everything they could about who was doing the investigation?

Wouldn't you have loved to have been a fly on the wall of people high up in the Portuguese government, who were shocked at the incompetence of the person in charge?

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:25 pm

lily wrote:For sure, Sabot. It would have been only natural for them to find out everything they could about who was doing the investigation?

Wouldn't you have loved to have been a fly on the wall of people high up in the Portuguese government, who were shocked at the incompetence of the person in charge?

I don't know what to think about them, Lily. They had known about Leonor Cipriano for four years, and still Amaral was put in charge of The McCann Case.
FOUR YEARS during which they knew that Goncalo Amaral was implicated in TORTURE?
And ONE DAY before he was FINALLY made an ARGUIDO?

And the Cretins wonder why The Consulat in Lisbon where in PdL in a flash. I'm surprised it took them so long.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:56 am

Again, the glaringly obvious has just dawned on me:

http://thehoundingofthemccans.blogspot.com/?zx=fa8230e8bdc6d41f

Letters From Marcos Aragão Correia and Leonor Maria Domingos Cipriano To Portuguese Prime Minister - Page 4 Leonor2

Now, I am no medical expert but after reading her letter to the Portuguese Government; I asked a forensic medical examiner to take a look at the pictures and tell me if her bruises could have come from a fall.
He said, yes they could have come from a fall but, they didn't. He pointed to the arm she is holding up.
It is unmarked but, there is a mark under it, in her armpit, indicating her arms were above her head and he said no one holds their arms above their head when they throw themselves down a flight of stairs. It is an automatic reaction for humans to put their arms in front of them when falling.

It's near-impossible to bruise yourself in your armpit.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:01 pm

Also you must be really unlucky to hit every single step to get those bruises
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:05 pm

It must have been a very long flight of stairs. Unless she went back for a second and third try.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Sabot wrote:
It must have been a very long flight of stairs. Unless she went back for a second and third try.
The examiner was surprised to learn the woman was a prisoner in an alleged civilized country and the officer in charge was not discharged and imprisoned. The beating alone proves her confession was coerced; which leaves any conviction obtained unsafe.
He also pointed out to obtain the facial bruising the woman was hit on the top and side of her head. He also Pointed out, the ones who carried out the torture were obviously unaware that had they hit her in the face; the bruising would not have been quite so severe. The bruising facial wise, is localized indicating the bleeding came from under the scalp and not from her nose having been broken. The nose is unmarked.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:32 pm

crazytony wrote:
Sabot wrote:
The examiner was surprised to learn the woman was a prisoner in an alleged civilized country and the officer in charge was not discharged and imprisoned. The beating alone proves her confession was coerced; which leaves any conviction obtained unsafe.
He also pointed out to obtain the facial bruising the woman was hit on the top and side of her head. He also Pointed out, the ones who carried out the torture were obviously unaware that had they hit her in the face; the bruising would not have been quite so severe. The bruising facial wise, is localized indicating the bleeding came from under the scalp and not from her nose having been broken. The nose is unmarked.

The barstards got carried away in their obscene excitement. This wasn't just coercion, it was Sadism which they enjoyed. And Leonor must have held out for some fair old time.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:36 pm

And let us not forget this went on in the middle of the night. I doubt if the five of them involved - because there WERE five, as Gonc and Cardoso tried to cover it up - were entirely sober.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:53 pm

bb1 wrote:And let us not forget this went on in the middle of the night. I doubt if the five of them involved - because there WERE five, as Gonc and Cardoso tried to cover it up - were entirely sober.

I can only assume they took turns in beating her. As the examiner said, it was a long sustained beating and; persons carrying it out would have taken rest periods in between or just traded places.
The vast portion of blame lies with the lead detective; he did nothing to stop it and as the old saying goes, the buck stops at the top.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:13 pm

It has been alleged here that Gonc was a spectator:

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3646987&page=1

Detective in McCann Case Investigated For Beating Convicted Child Murderer

By FABIOLA ANTEZANA
PRAIA DA LUZ, Portugal, Sept. 26, 2007
The husband of a convicted murderer has accused the Portuguese investigator spearheading the case of Madeleine McCann of beating a confession out of his wife.

Leonor Cipriano, 36, was convicted of the murder of her eight-year-old daughter Joana, who disappeared in the Algarve region in September 2004 under similar circumstances to the McCann disappearance.

In an exclusive interview, Cipriano's common-law husband, Leandro Silva, told ABC News that his wife said she was beaten repeatedly as police grilled her during a three-day long interrogation.

"'They beat it out of me', she told me, 'they beat me until I confessed,'" Silva said as he recalled his first visit to his wife about a week after police took her into custody.

"The only difference between the McCanns and us is that we don't have money," Silva said. "They have means, they have high powered attorneys that they can pay."

According to Silva, his wife told him that chief inspector Gonçalo Amaral, one of the leading detectives in the McCann case, watched as police hit her in the face and chest again and again.

Local newspapers have reported that Amaral and four other officers will be in court next month to face charges surrounding the beating allegations. But Amaral has not been suspended from his work on the McCann case.

Cipriano is currently serving a 16-year sentence for the murder of Joana who disappeared in 2004 in a town less than 15 miles from where Madeleine McCann disappeared nearly five months ago.

Joana's body has never been found. McCann, who was 3 years old when she went missing has also not been found, but the family and police still hold out hope that she is still alive.

Kate McCann and her husband, Gerry, were declared "arguido," or official suspects, last month, although under Portuguese law, the police are not allowed to divulge publicly what evidence they have. But the couple, both doctors and substantially well-off, have been allowed to leave Portugal.

Confession at All Costs Alleged

Silva said his wife retracted her statement just two days after confessing to Portuguese police, but she remains in a women's prison in Odemira, about a two-hour drive from Praia da Luz.

Joana went missing one night when her parents say she went for a short walk to the local market in her home town of Figuera, near Portimão. Cipriano was arrested and convicted, in part because of her confession, along with the discovery of some of Joana's blood, police say they found in Cipriano's home.

Maddie also disappeared just minutes from where her parents were dining at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz in May 2007.

"I knew immediately that it was the police that had done that to her," Silva said. "They wanted her to confess to a crime she did not commit."

He shakes his head back and forth saying that the police in Portugal don't work professionally.

Amaral could not be reached for comment and police refused to talk about the allegations.

"We all saw the bruises," Silva said. "My mother, my sister and me. Leonor's face was all battered and bruised, so was her chest."

"Leonor was a good person, she didn't deserve this, but then there is no justice for the poor."

Inequality Alleged Between Rich and Poor Suspects

Silva, a 41-year-old auto mechanic, said his wife is not the only member of his family to be treated roughly by Portuguese police.

===========================================
It is a long, well-written piece, best read as a whole.

It's shocking, actually.

the discovery of some of Joana's blood, police say they found in Cipriano's home

Except they didn't, did they? Gonc, Cristovao and the rest of the gang didn't even stir themselves to find out if it was human, never mind Joana's.

Just like they didn't stir themselves to look for the child when she was first reported missing.

And I was shocked - but not surprised, sadly, to discover from other news stories that the GNR, etc., had been trampling over the Cipriano house for days before Gonc stirred himself into 'action'.

Which seems to have consisted of inventing a stupid 'thesis' about fridges and of course...

According to Silva, his wife told him that chief inspector Gonçalo Amaral, one of the leading detectives in the McCann case, watched as police hit her in the face and chest again and again.

And this is who those fools are sending money to?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:39 pm

If Amaral was, present during the torture he, should be in prison.
And, Portugal cannot call their country a democracy; whilst they continue to turn a blind eye to the old P. I.D.E. way of justice.

Last edited by crazytony on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:40 pm

The whole thing makes me feel ill, and I have no doubt that they would have done the same to Kate McCann if the British Ambassador hadn't intervened, and if the eyes of the world hadn't been watching.
A confession was beaten from Michael Cook some years before, and he appeared in Court in an appalling state after being beaten and not allowed to go to the lavatory for several hours. And they had no evidence in that case either. Google it. It is horrific.

The British Government did sweet bugger all in his case, except for a few odd questions in The House.

And Gonc got a suspended sentence for his involvement in The Cipriano case. What the hell has been going on in Portugal for the last thirty years?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next