JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ

+6
Maggs
Max
Sabot
crazytony
lily
bb1
10 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 Empty Re: KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Here we go:

12.18pm: Daniel Sanderson the News of the World reporter whose name appeared on the Kate McCann diary story in the News of the World, is up next.

McCann told the inquiry that publication of the diary left her feeling "violated".

12.19pm: Sanderson explains how he got in touch with a Portuguese journalist and they discussed payment for a copy of the diary. Sanderson then liaised with the news editor at the time, Ian Edmondson.

Edmondson hired a freelancer, Gerard Couzens, who is based in Spain to travel to Portugal to meet the journalist and collect the diary.

Sanderson says he wasn't aware at the time that the ultimate source was the Portuguese police.
12.23pm: Sanderson says he thought the News of the World was not going to publish the diary without the McCanns' consent.

It was clearly a private document I understood that, but at that stage we were not in possession of the diary so we didn't know what we were dealing with. As I understand the News of the World did not intend to publish it. I was told at the time that we would not be publishing the diary unless we had the express permission of the McCanns.

12.22pm: Sanderson says he knew the diary was "a private document".

Leveson asks if he was concerned about the provenance of the diary.

Sanderson says:

A diary is clearly a private document but at the time this was being publically circulated around Portugal. What the newspapers planned to do with the diary once we were in possession of that I didn't know that at the time.

12.28pm: Sanderson says: "With hindsight, it was clearly the wrong decision to publish."

12.26pm: Jay again asks Sanderson if he was he not concerned about the provenance of the diaries.

Sanderson struggles to answer and says: "I was a junior reporter at the time."

Leveson intervenes and says that because he is looking into press ethics "what junior members of staff thought is important".

I think we have heard the, I was only obeying orders, excuse at a big trial in the 40's?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 6 Empty Re: KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Sanderson says he wasn't aware at the time that the ultimate source was the Portuguese police.

Scumbags!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:36 pm

12.29pm: Sanderson says he believes the document came from the Portuguese police.

It had obviously been translated from Portuguese. I suppose thinking back it must have come from the Portuguese police. From memory when I was looking through the documents, I think there were comments on certain pages I remember. There were notes and comments, it looked like some kind of official document.

Sanderson says he was concerned about the diaries: "The whole thing caused me concern."

Did he share those concerns?

It's very very difficult for me to try explain but my thinking throughout this whole process was this story was going to be published with the co-operation of the McCanns.

12.31pm: Sanderson explains how the diaries were translated piecemeal.

We were translating the document; we were writing the story; we were checking with the McCanns and they were happy with the story; we would publish it.

I wasn't aware what the NoW planned to do with the diary once it was in the office.

We looked at the diary and for every entry we would cross-reference that with stories that may have appeared in the newspapers.

What????

He cross-checked a diary illegally passed on by the PJ with untrue stories that had been leaked by the bPJ?

FFS!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:39 pm

There were notes and comments, it looked like some kind of official document.

Jesus H. Christ.

I hope Amoral and his chums are following this and shaking in their boots right this minute.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:44 pm

They still believe all these ancient, discredited media reports - they still quote them as The Truth.

Gonc's propaganda team did a lot of damage back then. Little could Morais and her ilk have known that there could possibly be something in their future called the Leveson Inquiry.

Bonny, the worst thing in all of this is that this has happened at the expense of a missing child. mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:46 pm

bb1 wrote:There were notes and comments, it looked like some kind of official document.

Jesus H. Christ.

I hope Amoral and his chums are following this and shaking in their boots right this minute.

I wonder if he has the nerve to appear in court in February?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Unfortunately as I expected there was no interest from Leveson in getting to grips with the Portuguese end of things. His only remit is of course the UK media and their methods of working. Unless the PT authorities want to look into this then the way the diary came into the public domain won't be exposed and punished.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:58 pm

And they wonder why people can't be bothered with them, Jayelles - they are too blind and blinkered to ever face the truth. Therefore nothing they say or do is of any importance.

Daniel Sanderson has now publically apologised to the McCanns; I've put that in it's own thread so they can't pretend they didn't see it.

More updates:

12.36pm: Sanderson says his story was changed entirely.

I wrote a story based on the extracts of the diary and it was changed. All my pieces were taken out and the diary or extracts of the diary were published in its entirety without any writing from me … Does that make sense?

12.38pm: Sanderson apologises to Kate McCann.

I have every intention of apologising to the McCanns … I did feel very bad that my involvement in the story had made Mrs McCann feel the way that she had.

Why was it the wrong decision to publish? Because they didn't have permission to, they didn't have Mrs McCann's permission to publish the story.

12.39pm: Leveson now intervenes and turns to Sanderson to ask if he not think about the McCanns when he read a document that was "intensely personal".

Did you think you had any permission writing a word of it, without making sure this truly was what they wanted?

Sanderson answers:

Seeking their permission was not in my sphere of responsibility.

Leveson says it can't just have been the responsibility of Ian Edmondson, who Sanderson says he understood to be in regular contact with the McCanns. "To reveal the most intimate moments may actually give rise to other considerations that might require more carful consent," the judge says.

Sanderson replies:

My understanding was that the news editor spoke to the McCanns' press secretary on daily basis so in terms of getting the McCanns' consent that was a job for the news editor. The first time I spoke to the McCanns' press secretary was three weeks ago when I heard how it made Mrs McCann feel and to tell him that I intended to apologise. That's not just for this inquiry, it's because I'm genuinely sorry.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Jayelles wrote:Re the antis not being concerned about the leak of Kate's diaries - I have seen where they are speculating that the diaries were a "plant" by the McCanns.

These guys should be writing fiction. Their imaginations know no bounds.

How very clever of the McCanns to have planned so far ahead too, Jay.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Jayelles wrote:Re the antis not being concerned about the leak of Kate's diaries - I have seen where they are speculating that the diaries were a "plant" by the McCanns.

These guys should be writing fiction. Their imaginations know no bounds.

I agree about the imagination but you have to direct that imagination to write good fiction. When its driven by something specific like hate or a need to moralise then it never works.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Sanderson said it wasn't in his "sphere of responsibility". He said Edmondson spoke to Clarence Mitchell, the McCann's spokesman, every day. He did not have Mitchell's phone number. The first time he spoke to Mitchell was three weeks ago, to say he would apologise. "That's not just for this inquiry. That's because I'm genuinely sorry," he says.

Sounds to me like this comes back to Edmundson, at the UK end. He was assuring Sanderson all was well, and he was being economical with the truth when talking to Clarence Mitchell, crossing his fingers and toes that somehow, everything was going to be OK?

Yes, Greenink, there isn't much to be done by Lord Leveson at the Portugal end, but this is all part of the whole picture of the shameful way the PJ operated when Gonc was around.

If he starts mouthing off about his non-existent honour at the libel trial, then the door is opened for this to come into evidence, as is his criminal conviction for perjury, I think?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:08 pm

bb1 wrote:Sanderson said it wasn't in his "sphere of responsibility". He said Edmondson spoke to Clarence Mitchell, the McCann's spokesman, every day. He did not have Mitchell's phone number. The first time he spoke to Mitchell was three weeks ago, to say he would apologise. "That's not just for this inquiry. That's because I'm genuinely sorry," he says.

Sounds to me like this comes back to Edmundson, at the UK end. He was assuring Sanderson all was well, and he was being economical with the truth when talking to Clarence Mitchell, crossing his fingers and toes that somehow, everything was going to be OK?

Yes, Greenink, there isn't much to be done by Lord Leveson at the Portugal end, but this is all part of the whole picture of the shameful way the PJ operated when Gonc was around.

If he starts mouthing off about his non-existent honour at the libel trial, then the door is opened for this to come into evidence, as is his criminal conviction for perjury, I think?
As far as I am concerned corrupt cops sold the diary to a journalist and until it is proven otherwise I am sticking with that.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:09 pm

That is what I think, Bonny.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:22 pm

lily wrote:

That is what I think, Bonny.

I'm sure that Isobel Duarte has lots of little ways of making this happen. She's quite clever you know.

And anyway, didn't Gonc write the book in defense of His Honour? That should do nicely.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Look at this moron on Amazon:

badger says:
As predicted, the paper had consent of the family's spokesman at the time of publication.

Given that the parents must have known that why didnt they mention it to Leveson when telling there version of events?

What?? Are they all incapable of reading and comprehending the English language?

It has been spelled out to them that there was no such permission. It has been explained to them why there was no such permission. They have been told that the diary came from the PJ via some Portuguese woman who took 3,000 pieces of silver for it. They have been told, today, that it was a PJ document; the PJ had been ordered, by a Portuguese judge, to destroy all copies.

NOT TO GET IT PUBLISHED IN THE NEWS OF THE WORLD

You know, people are STUPID as that shouldn't be allowed on the grown-up internet; online bingo is about all they can cope with.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Fuller report here - I suggest everyone is sitting down before they read it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/8934976/Leveson-Inquiry-live.html

12.14 Leveson is now hearing from Daniel Sanderson, a former NOTW reporter whose name appeared on the McCann diaries story. He was the most junior reporter at the newspaper when the story appeared in September 2008.
He tracked down the diary after reading in The Sun that extracts of the diary were being leaked in the Portuguese press. He was asked by Ian Edmondson to track down the journalist who was running the extracts. He asked a freelance journalist based in Spain to collect the diary, which then arrived at the NOTW.
Sanderson was not aware of the time that the ultimate source of the diary was the Portuguese police. "I did not speculate where the diary came from at the time," he says. "All I knew at the time was that there were extracts being circulated round Portugal, and someone was responsible," he said.
Jay asks whether he considered if the McCanns were circulating the diary. "I didn't speculate," says Sanderson. "I was a junior reporter at the time."
Leveson says this leaking was illegal under Portuguese law. Did he think about it?

Sanderson says he does not want to appear "flippant" about a "private document". But it was being publicly circulated. He did not know what the newspaper wanted to do with it
You were just doing the job you were asked to do?
"Every job I embarked on I considered privacy, public interest and whether I was adhering to the PCC code. But the reality was we weren't in possession of the diary so we didn't know what we were dealing with," says Sanderson. He was told they would not publish it without the permission of the McCanns. "In hindsight it was clearly the wrong decision to publish," he says.
Leveson says he won't criticise Sanderson for the job he was asked to do as a junior reporter. But understanding what thought processes junior staff do is important

12.24 Sanderson says the diary had been translated from English to Portuguese. Thinking back, he says, it was obvious it had come from the Police - he thinks there were comments written on certain pages. "The whole thing caused me concern," he says, crestfallen. Did he share that with Edmondson?
"My thinking was this story was going to be published with the co-operation of the McCanns. We were translating the document, we were checking with the McCanns, that was my understanding throughout.
"Don't forget, I wasn't aware necessarily what the newspaper was planning to do with the document once it was in the NOTW offices."
Sanderson says he arranged for the document to be translated and he wrote up the story as it came through section-by-section. He checked the translation against internet sources to ensure it was not a fake - such as the family meeting the Pope.

He checked the translation against internet sources to ensure it was not a fake

'Internet sources' - in the summer of 2008?

That means he checked it against 3A.

Words fail me.....

Happily, Lord Leveson is a bit more on the ball:

Leveson says this leaking was illegal under Portuguese law. Did he think about it?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:56 pm

GasparStatement GasparStatement
by xklamation@
RT @w_nicht Why does Jay push the "the diary was leaked from Portuguese police" over and over.He tries to force it as fact. #leveson #mccann

THAT WOULD BE BECAUSE IT HAD THE OFFICIAL PJ STAMPS ON IT, YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER MORONS
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

How very illuminating. Leveson may not be able to do anything about the Portugal end of things, but he does seem to be making sure everyone knows about how the diary got to the NOTW, complete with names and where the truth lies. He is a very canny laddie! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:13 pm

You don't make Lord Justice Leveson if your half daft, LL. And he is certainly doling his best to point to the blame.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:14 pm

If it was cross referenced with the 3As then I sincerely hope that Bren is squirming as much as Gonzo and his cronies. The whole thing stinks from top to bottom. mad
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Sabot wrote:
You don't make Lord Justice Leveson if your half daft, LL. And he is certainly doling his best to point to the blame.
You are indeed right, ma petite, Leveson is well known as a very clever person, and very well respected fo his knowledge and wisdom. By the time he's finished I reckon there'll be quite a few one-way air tickets being purchased to N Korea or Iran! LL rofl rofl
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:22 pm

It's that or The Job Centre, LL.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:32 pm

honestbroker wrote:If the McCanns don't win the libel trial now, I'm the Queen of Sheiba.

I do hope Isabel Duarte is looking in ...

This certainly isn't doing much for Gonc's honour and credibility, HB
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:44 pm

GaeMar01 Gael
#McCann #FreePress : #Murdoch is Jewish, Leveson is Jewish, Robert Jay appears to be, is Carine Patry Hoskins too?
2 hours ago

They are really scraping the barrel now - bl**dy disgusting mad
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:10 pm

bb1 wrote:GaeMar01 Gael
#McCann #FreePress : #Murdoch is Jewish, Leveson is Jewish, Robert Jay appears to be, is Carine Patry Hoskins too?
2 hours ago

They are really scraping the barrel now - bl**dy disgusting mad
Oh, makes a change from accusing people of being freemasons, I suppose. Yes, Leveson is a devout Jew, there have been many attempts to try and prove Murdock is Jewish - his mother was/is, but that does not make him Jewish as such. I don't know about the other two, but even if they are what the **** has that to do with anything? That post smacks of anti-semite sentiments, doesn't it? LL mad
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next