JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ

+6
Maggs
Max
Sabot
crazytony
lily
bb1
10 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 Empty Re: KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Ah, with you now! No, we don't know the whole of the money trail yet, just NOTW >>>> so-far unnamed female Portuguese journalist, who got them from the PJ.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 Empty Re: KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ

Post  Sabot Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:51 pm

greenink211 wrote:Is there any proof that the PJ sold the diaries? Could the journalist not simply have received the document or even have stolen the document with some kind of document proving PJ translation?

All of The PJ Documents I have seen are stamped.

I suppose she could have stolen it from Gonc's office, but what would she have been doing alone in there inside Portimao Police Station. And how would she have know where exactly to find them amongst all of the other documents.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:54 pm

These witness statements and phone numbers were leaked by Cabrita as soon as Rebelo was on the plane, over to England.
This was the plan,while the mice were away the cats did play, and why did Rebelo go home a day early?
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 pm

It is time the Portuguese Attorney General found out who gave what to the Ex Junkie! mad

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:57 pm

Yes I agree something very wrong happened in the PJ for her to get her hands on the diary. Its very likely that it was Cabrita as she first put them in the PT press but I wonder if we will find how she got her hands on them. From what Jay said there isn't really any interest in that for Leveson. The earliest events of interest to Leveson Inquiry into UK Media is surely when Edmondson becomes involved. I'm not sure this inquiry will go back further than that.

We might have to hope for a PT inquiry to see what happened at PJ level.

Last edited by greenink211 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:57 pm

greenink211 wrote:
crazytony wrote:
greenink211 wrote:Is there any proof that the PJ sold the diaries? Could the journalist not simply have received the document or even have stolen the document with some kind of document proving PJ translation?
GI, they were ordered to be destroyed. No one should have had the copies.

I realise that but it doesn't prove they were sold by the PJ.

Don't get me wrong. Something very bad went on in PJ for copies to have been kept and for them to get into hands of a femaile journalist but that doesn't prove the PJ sold them.

You don't think Gonc handed them over out of the goodness of his heart, do you?

Sorry. That sounds snipey. It wasn't meant to be against you, but I am feeling Snipey at the moment. Barstard.
And she made 3,000 Euros, so Gonc will have got his cut.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Sabot wrote:

I suppose she could have stolen it from Gonc's office, but what would she have been doing alone in there inside Portimao Police Station. And how would she have know where exactly to find them amongst all of the other documents.

Sabot, the diary documents were ordered to be destroyed, so they wouldn't have been part of the files or stamped.
Don't forget they were returned to Kate within 48 hours, so some sticky little fat fingers got them copied and saved for lining their pockets.
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:59 pm

What you say is possible but there is no proof of it yet.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:03 pm

greenink211 wrote:Yes I agree something very wrong happened in the PJ for her to get her hands on the diary. Its very likely that it was Cabrita as she first put them in the PT press but I wonder if we will find how she got her hands on them. From what Jay said there isn't really any interest in that for Leveson. The earliest events of interest to Leveson Inquiry into UK Media is surely when Edmondson becomes involved. I'm not sure this inquiry will go back further than that.

We might have to hope for a PT inquiry to see what happened at PJ level.

It probably won't for the enquiry. But a crime has been committed in Portugal which involves a journalist and The PJ. Let's see what they are prepared to do about it.

Now might be a good time for the Bog Smiley for Gonc, but thank goodness we haven't got one of those, or I might have been tempted to use it.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:04 pm

greenink211 wrote:What you say is possible but there is no proof of it yet.
We will just have to wait and see what the AG's reaction is.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Maggs wrote:
Sabot wrote:

Sabot, the diary documents were ordered to be destroyed, so they wouldn't have been part of the files or stamped.
Don't forget they were returned to Kate within 48 hours, so some sticky little fat fingers got them copied and saved for lining their pockets.

I suspect that these might have been stamped when they were translated. They weren't ordered to be destroyed immediately, and they had to have been in Portuguese for the order of destruction to have been made.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:12 pm

The diary was returned to Kate after 48 hours, was she informed the diary had been copied?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 pm

crazytony wrote:The diary was returned to Kate after 48 hours, was she informed the diary had been copied?

No idea Tony, but I have found out who translated them and got paid to do it.

Amanda Duarte Salbany Russell
Rotunda Park Lt 4 – 4ªB
8500-309 Portimao

Translation from English into Portuguese of the documents with page numbers 01 to 188 (for a total of 192 working hours and final text containing 38.381 words).

Brute value............2.970.00 Euros

This value is subject to a deduction of 20% (594,00 Euros) corresponding to IRS and I inform you that this is contained in the VAT regime according to article 53 of the CIRS.

After payment I will issue the receipt (IRS Model nº 6).

Yours sincerely,

Amanda Russell

Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Maggs wrote:
crazytony wrote:The diary was returned to Kate after 48 hours, was she informed the diary had been copied?

No idea Tony, but I have found out who translated them and got paid to do it.

Amanda Duarte Salbany Russell
Rotunda Park Lt 4 – 4ªB
8500-309 Portimao

Translation from English into Portuguese of the documents with page numbers 01 to 188 (for a total of 192 working hours and final text containing 38.381 words).

This value is subject to a deduction of 20% (594,00 Euros) corresponding to IRS and I inform you that this is contained in the VAT regime according to article 53 of the CIRS.

After payment I will issue the receipt (IRS Model nº 6).

Yours sincerely,

Amanda Russell

Thank you, Maggs.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:22 pm

I would need to double check, Tony, but from memory, no, she wasn't told - they shouldn't have been siezed in the first place.

Going back to:

http://regretsandramblings.com/2011/11/23/kate-and-gerry-mccann-pour-their-hearts-out-at-leveson-inquiry/

and the transcript.

This bit:

Q. Sorry, my understanding of this contract, and it's quite
15 a short document with very few stipulations, is that on
16 consideration of the diary being supplied to the
17 News of the World, News of the World would pay 20,000
18 euros to the journalist, and its purpose would be for
19 exclusive publication in the News of the World?
20 A. Yes.
21 Q. But the payment of 20,000 euros wasn't dependent on it
22 being exclusively published in the News of the World?
23 LORD JUSTICE LEVESON: Yes, it was, paragraph 6.
24 A. Yes, it was. Yes, it was. All the contracts were on
25 that basis because we would run out of money rather

Page 871 quickly --
2 MR JAY: Yes, you're right, I'm wrong.
3 So the next few days, I think the documents show,
4 were devoted to establishing that the diaries were what
5 they purported to be, do I have that right?

6 A. Yes.

We may get a clearer picture of things tomorrow if we find out just who this woman was, and how NOTW established the provenance of the diaries.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Well done, Maggs. Have an Exalt.

Okay. So...... Why would the NOTW agree to pay a Portuguese Journalist 23,000 Euros for a Portuguese Copy of Kate's Diary if they genuinely thought she had a right to possess it and sell it when they could have offered Kate the same amount for a copy in English which they wouldn't have to pay to have translated back from Portuguese into English..
Nope. They knew it was dodgy but they didn't want another equally unscrupulous newspaper to get it instead.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:48 pm

That sounds about right, Sabot, and Clarrie was fed the usual nice noises about how this was going to help the McCanns - without NOTW actually saying what they were planning.

More about it here:

http://regretsandramblings.com/2011/12/14/clarence-mitchell-denies-give-ok-to-print-diaries/

Setting everything else aside, Clarrie's version makes sense; the NOTW version doesn't = the NOTW are trying to dig themselves out of a very big hole.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:51 pm

bb1 wrote:That sounds about right, Sabot, and Clarrie was fed the usual nice noises about how this was going to help the McCanns - without NOTW actually saying what they were planning.

More about it here:

http://regretsandramblings.com/2011/12/14/clarence-mitchell-denies-give-ok-to-print-diaries/

Setting everything else aside, Clarrie's version makes sense; the NOTW version doesn't = the NOTW are trying to dig themselves out of a very big hole.
I hope we find out who the woman, not calling her a journalist anymore; was, who handed the diary over.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:57 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's interesting. 192 working hours at a cost of nearly 3,000 Euros. Paid by The PJ for a document that they had no right to seize in the first place.

And presumably the NOTW will have paid something similar to get it translated back again. When all the while Kate was in possession of The Original, and not very far down the road from where all of this was going on.

I wonder how The Portuguese Attorney General is going to feel about this gross misuse of Public Funds, and about the illegal selling of this document by Portuguese Citizens.

You could laugh at this. If it was funny.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Bent tit's latest from Myths with thanks. LL

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box?
Tony Bennett Today at 3:56 pm

I do not think it is libellous or a breach of any undertaking to point out that there appears to be a significant discrepancy between

a) what David Sherborne told the Leveson enquiry on 15 November 2011 and Dr Kate McCann told the Leveson enquiry on 23 November 2011 ("I learnt about the NOTW article by a text message and felt 'mentally raped'")

and

b) what NOTW lawyer Tom Crone told Leveson this morning at just past 11.00am ("Permission to publish the diary was given by the McCanns in a series of e-mails" - a statement which even the prosecuting barrister Douglas Jay Q.C. agreed with).

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the witness box?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Telegraph version - today

11.08 Crone said yesterday his responsibility was legality, not ethics. Who was the "guardian of ethics" at News International, if not you?

Crone says that was the chief executive - James Murdoch.

Douglas Jay Q.C. asks if Crone was involved in the publication of Kate McCann's diaries against her wishes. Crone says he was the lawyer that weekend, and "played some part in clearing it up afterwards".

Did he believe there to be a privacy issue? Crone says he believed publication had been approved by the McCann's representatives via email to the head of the newsdesk.

Douglas Jay Q.C. says he has seen documents that "broadly support" that.

Guardian version

11.12am: Crone is now being asked about his involvement in the publication of Kate MCann's diary.

"I was the lawyer on the News of the World that weekend and I played some part in clearing it up afterwards," he says.

He adds that it was his understanding that the McCanns had given the head of news permission to publish.

BUT

Daily Telegraph 16 November

Mrs McCann’s thoughts and feelings about her daughter's disappearance were printed in extracts from her personal journal, which appeared in the News of the World in 2008.

David Sherborne, the lawyer acting for 51 victims of press intrusion, told Lord Justice Leveson that the publication of the diary was a "blatant intrusion" into the McCann family's private live.

They "begged for restraint" but little was shown, Mr Sherborne said.

The News of the World later apologised for printing the diary, which was leaked by a reporter after being in the possession of the Portuguese police.

The revelations came on the third day of the Leveson inquiry.

He said the pursuit of Madeleine McCann’s parents by tabloid newspapers represented "some of the darkest days for this section of the press".

Sun, 24 November

HAUNTED Kate McCann yesterday told the Leveson inquiry she felt "violated" at seeing her private diary leaked.

The mum of missing Madeleine said she only learned the News of the World had printed five pages of revelations in a text from a pal.

Kate, 43, said she felt "mentally raped" as she read the front page, which carried the headline: "Kate's Diary: In her own words."

Speaking on day three of Lord Justice Leveson's probe into media standards, Kate said: "This was totally out of the blue.

"It was Sunday lunchtime, we'd just got back from church and I got the text from Gail, who works in the nursery where Madeleine went. It just said, 'Saw your diary in the newspapers. Heartbreaking. I hope you're all right'.

"I had that horrible panicky feeling, confusion and, you know, what's she on about? I didn't have a clue."

Kate said the story, printed in September 2008, showed "absolutely no respect" for her as she grieved. She added: "I just couldn't believe the injustice.

"I just recently read through my diary entries at that point in that week and I talk about climbing into a hole and not coming out because I just felt so worthless."

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:04 pm

A judges order was given therefore, someone is guilty of contempt!

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:11 pm

I know, Tony - it is stunning watching the haters try and twist this round.

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the witness box?

WTF? Her diary was illegally siezed, illegally copied, and those copies then not destroyed as ordered by a Portuguese judge.

It was then passed by some scumbag in the PJ to some woman who sold it to NOTW - after it had illegally appeared in CdM.

NOTW knew damn fine they didn't have permission to publish it, or they would not have been so evasive. As Sabot says, if Kate had wanted her diary published

SHE WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT TO THEM IN ENGLISH.

Bennett is going to end up behind bars; he just can't help himself. He hates the McCanns to the point of madness.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:15 pm

You couldn't make it up.

He has jumped in with BOTH FEET.

Tony Bennett Today at 4:21 pm

Nina wrote:Firstly Tony, continuing support of you.

In reply to the question you pose, certainly she should be recalled, and alone, not with Gerry the arm grabber by her side, imo of course, the grabs not the solo re-appearance.

Clarence Mitchell: "I told Kate there was going to be a story with her diary extracts in the NOTW on Sunday morning"

Dr Kate McCann: "Oh no you didn't"

Clarence Mitchell: "Oh yes I did"

Dr Kate McCann: "Oh no..."

[Interruption] Lord Leveson: "Er, wait just a moment. I understand that certain e-mails, which have apparently been seen both by the NOTW's Legal Director Tom Crone, and Counsel for the Enquiry, Douglas Jay Q.C., are available. I am informed that these throw further light on the matter of whether the McCanns knew this story was going to appear. I think the Enquiry should see them. Could they be produced please?"

Clarence Mitchell )
Dr Kate McCann ) "Er..."

Dr Gerald McCann)
KATE'S DIARY WAS GIVEN TO PORTUGUESE FEMALE JOURNO BY THE PJ - Page 4 Clip_119
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Bennett wants to be very careful. He might find himself broke for life.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Unbelievable; he's only gone and libelled the McCanns again. I swear I can hear the laughter coming from St Andrew Street from here....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next