JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Gardening Thread. - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Gardening Thread. - Page 19 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Gardening Thread. - Page 19 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Gardening Thread. - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Gardening Thread. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Gardening Thread. - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Gardening Thread. - Page 19 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Gardening Thread. - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Gardening Thread. - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Gardening Thread.

+6
Maggs
sadie
Lamplighter
lily
bb1
Sabot
10 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gardening Thread. - Page 19 Empty Re: Gardening Thread.

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:42 am

We had a HUGE storm late last night, torrential rain, thunder and lightning, powercut, hysterical dogs, the lot.....

It was spectacular, in a rather unpleasant way, while it lasted.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:03 pm

I have to close all of the curtains tight shut during Thunder Storms. Romulus goes crazy and pulls all of my books off the shelves, so I think it is The Lightning that sets him off. Poor baby. I once had Lightning hit the deck three feet in front of me, and I freaked, and the flashes still scare me.
Not sure why he pulls books off the shelves, unless he wants me to go and comfort him. He does know that I hear them hit the floor.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:11 pm

One of mine is petrified of thunder, Sabot, to the point of hysteria - hiding under beds, trying to get into wardrobes, everything.

It was especially bad last night, with the rain battering on the roof and windows too - the road outside was several inches deep in water until it had all drained off.

I wish I could send some of it to Pedro, that would put the wildfires out in minutes.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:42 pm

bb1 wrote:One of mine is petrified of thunder, Sabot, to the point of hysteria - hiding under beds, trying to get into wardrobes, everything.

It was especially bad last night, with the rain battering on the roof and windows too - the road outside was several inches deep in water until it had all drained off.

I wish I could send some of it to Pedro, that would put the wildfires out in minutes.

Very odd, Bonny. Why should dogs be afraid of Thunder and Lightning? I am not even sure that Rom is afraid. But I know that he doesn't like it. I suspect sometimes that he doesn't get as much attention as he would like. But it could be a bit primaevil.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Possibly because they don't know what it is, they just know it's right over their heads, and their Person can't stop it?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:30 pm

bb1 wrote:Possibly because they don't know what it is, they just know it's right over their heads, and their Person can't stop it?

You've been watching too much Grey's Anatomy, Bonny. I might well be his Person, but he is my Person as well. Personally, I think everyone is their own Person, but then I always was a bit weird.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:32 pm

I don't watch Grey's Anatomy.... rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:47 pm

bb1 wrote:We had a HUGE storm late last night, torrential rain, thunder and lightning, powercut, hysterical dogs, the lot.....

It was spectacular, in a rather unpleasant way, while it lasted.

Oh no!! Did it last long?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:06 pm

bb1 wrote:I don't watch Grey's Anatomy.... rofl rofl rofl

You obviously have much more of a Real Life than I do. They are all frightfully into, "You are my Person". Puke. My Persons have always been Dogs. And the occasional Cat. I once had a Cat who was definitely My Person. And he did love me personally. I don't care what anyone says about that and Cats.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Only about 20 minutes, Lily, but it was spectacular while it was going on. And it's STILL wet and muggy, so I suspect there is more to come.

Well, that's something new I've learned, Sabot. It's one show I've never watched. I seem to recall watching the first few episodes years ago, but didn't really like it.

Scrubs was more to my taste biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:19 pm

bb1 wrote:Only about 20 minutes, Lily, but it was spectacular while it was going on. And it's STILL wet and muggy, so I suspect there is more to come.

Well, that's something new I've learned, Sabot. It's one show I've never watched. I seem to recall watching the first few episodes years ago, but didn't really like it.

Scrubs was more to my taste biggrin

Ooooh, "Scrubs", eh? Must look out for that. Actually, "Life on Mars" and "Ashes to Ashes" were the best programmes I have ever watched, but I have done that lot twice now. But Holby City is okay if you are really bored.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:36 pm

The dogs must have been relieved? Poor things......

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Had a good day today, spending wise. Went to Pontivy, which I hate doing. Too much traffic for me. Even if it is normally like Guernsey on a Sunday.

But my Van passed it's MOT. It needs a new Headlight which won't come cheap, but that is not part of the test. Or the leaking Gear Box. I think he likes me because he always tells me about minor things that I ought to get done.

Bought a new Microwave, in stainless steel this time because the old new one rusted out in three years. My original microwave lasted more than twenty years, and still wasn't broke when I bought the last new one. So, if it ain't broke, don't mend it.

Also bought a new kitchen carpet for the dog to trash. And a big tin of good quality paint in just the right colour for my windows, at a quarter of the normal price.

Oh, and a new pair of Designer Wellies which set me back 70 Euros, but the last pair lasted twenty years, so I am not complaining about that. And I am a bit of a snob when it comes to Wellies anyway.

If you are wondering what this has got to do with Gardening, I spent most of the Gardening Money from doing one garden for a year.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:48 pm

I think you also covered it when you mention your new wellies, Sabot. smile

Glad to hear you had a bit of fun. Everyone needs it now and again.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Shouldn't your new wellies be tax-deductable as they're needed for work, Sabot? I think it must be a Yuman Rite, you know.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:56 pm

I think the Wellies were the best fun, Lily. They are Aigle and shaped like riding boots, so they actually look stylish, especially with leggings. And I am also vain, with what little there is left of me to be vain about.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:06 pm

bb1 wrote:Shouldn't your new wellies be tax-deductable as they're needed for work, Sabot? I think it must be a Yuman Rite, you know.

Why didn't I think of that? Not sure if I kept the receipt. I don't think about clothing.

Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:14 pm

They look really nice, actually, Sabot.

Oh my, Bonny. Shocked Yes, Sabot could say she does gardens of the upper crust and thus needs posh wellies.

(I'm not saying that you are not u.c., Sabot).
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:38 pm

I do indeed work for the landed gentry, Lily. And I am one of them myself with that ghastly Freehold in England, where the peasants keep giving me a hard time. But I am going to have them shot shortly. Then we'll see who's Boss.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Sounds like you need a pitchfork. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

bb1 wrote:Sounds like you need a pitchfork. Pcorneater

No, Bonny. They've got The Pitch Forks. I've got a Purley. They seriously are a bunch of peasants who've never read a Lease in their lives, let alone the ones they signed, presumably on the advice of their Solicitors.
But my Managing Agent finally seems to be getting on top of them. Although I still haven't had the last three year's pittance of a Ground Rent. And such a nice house with nice, spacious flats. The sort I would like to live in if I could afford to.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Sorry, Sabot. hug

You still might find some satisfaction in pitchforking, well, err, ...... something?

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 pm

lily wrote:Sorry, Sabot. hug

You still might find some satisfaction in pitchforking, well, err, ...... something?

I got my satisfactions from my Chamber's English Dictionary, Lily. I went through The Lease paragraph by paragraph and quoted it back at them in plain English. It took me a minute or ten, but it was worth the effort.
I think they thought they were dealing with a senile old woman who didn't care. But I do care about the house. It is my responsibility to do so, especially if I want it still standing in 100 year's time. This Terrace is nearly 200 years old and a classic of it's kind. Built by the man who lived in the house that I own. I also rented a flat in this house myself, many years before I bought it, so I know a lot about it's history.

Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:02 am

When is the lease up, Sabot? You could do something really nice when you have to re-do them. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:45 am

lily wrote:When is the lease up, Sabot? You could do something really nice when you have to re-do them. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

In another 100 Years, Lily, so it isn't going to do me any good personally. Unless it burns down in the meantime. Perish the thought. But my great great grandchildren might be very pleased one day. That is what it is all about for me.
"Who was that fascinating old biddy who bogged off to France and left us a fortune."
It's worth approximately three quarters of a million at the moment. And By Law, if it is still standing, must be returned to my Estate in good order.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next