JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
General news from Portugal - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
General news from Portugal - Page 7 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
General news from Portugal - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
General news from Portugal - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
General news from Portugal - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
General news from Portugal - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
General news from Portugal - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
General news from Portugal - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
General news from Portugal - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

General news from Portugal

4 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

General news from Portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: General news from Portugal

Post  bb1 Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Following a relentless media campaign to highlight Portuguese ‘victims’ of Britain’s alleged “stolen children scandal”, the government has at last agreed to step in.

Pedro Proença - one of the Portuguese lawyers who travelled to England in a bid to help an ever increasing number of Portuguese families recover children from the enforced care of British social service - has told TVI24 that pro-bono efforts have at last borne fruit.

“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has guaranteed that it will be giving special attention to these cases, evaluating them one by one”, he said.

“If cases of real abuse by the British authorities are detected - processual failings or illegalities by the courts and social services - the Portuguese government will step into alert the British government”.

The news is a red-letter day for so many Portuguese emigrés struggling to recover children removed and even placed for adoption on what they claim were totally spurious circumstances.

Good. I haven't followed all the ins and outs of this, but I had noticed that these incidents involving Portuguese families kept happening.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:55 pm

bb1, your words are mine.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:43 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:46 pm

That's good. I hope there is progress with these forced adoptions in the UK.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:45 pm

She revealed that the most common themes have to do with their right to remain in the country.
“But we can safely say that is not a problem. Reciprocal protection of rights is not a problematic issue and I have been assured by members of the Portuguese government that the British community here is extremely valued.”
The Ambassador was also recently present at a meeting between the Foreign Secretary and his Portuguese counterpart, where Augusto Santos Silva stressed that he wanted to encourage more British nationals to come here, especially due to the positive contributions they make and have made to the country.
Health care is another issue that is of concern and one which is frequently raised at the British Embassy’s outreach meetings.
“It is my understanding that any national, not just an EU citizen, who has a residency permit, enjoys access to health care here in Portugal.
“But there are concerns over the EHIC EU health cards and how that will affect British tourists or those who do not have residency in Portugal post-Brexit. That is an issue which will obviously need further discussion as part of the negotiations.”

I am sure it will all be sorted out in the course of negotiations, Pedro. After all, people lived and worked abroad before the EU in its current form existed, which a lot of younger people tend to forget.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:02 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:10 pm

According to newspaper Expresso, Portugal’s open borders will be suspended from midnight on 10May to midnight on14May.

During this period, all visitors to Portugal, such as those from Spain, will need to produce their passports or identity documents when crossing into the country.

Portugal previously reintroduced border controls during the 2004 European football championships and when it hosted the 2010 NATO summit.

A wise decision, in these uncertain times.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:27 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums