JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
AFTER BREXIT EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
AFTER BREXIT EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
AFTER BREXIT EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
AFTER BREXIT EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
AFTER BREXIT EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
AFTER BREXIT EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
AFTER BREXIT EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
AFTER BREXIT EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
AFTER BREXIT EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

AFTER BREXIT

+3
Sabot
bb1
Lamplighter
7 posters

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Go down

AFTER BREXIT Empty AFTER BREXIT

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:33 am

Thought a new thread might be a good idea as the other one is bursting at the seams!! LL

Too much Brussels in EU, new presidency says after UK exit

BRATISLAVA, Slovakia (AP) — Slovakia takes over the European Union's presidency on Friday determined to help reconnect the EU with its citizens and put decision-making back in the hands of Europe's nations as the bloc reels from Britain's vote to leave.
http://www.mail.com/int/news/uk/4452674-too-brussels-eu-presidency-uk-exit.html#.1258-stage-hero1-4
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

AFTER BREXIT Empty Re: AFTER BREXIT

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:59 am

Thanks, LL, I freely admit that so much is happening, I am losing track of it!

It would be good if Slovakia could begin reforms, but I personally feel too many troughers are profiting from the present centralist set-up for anything to change.

I will be happy to be wrong.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:07 am

bb1 wrote:Thanks, LL, I freely admit that so much is happening, I am losing track of it!

It would be good if Slovakia could begin reforms, but I personally feel too many troughers are profiting from the present centralist set-up for anything to change.

I will be happy to be wrong.
Slovakia is one of the members of the Visegrad 4, and thinks along the lines of Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic. I think we need to wait and see, LL Pcorneater
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:40 am

Merkel's open door policy has brought 'chaos' to Europe, claims George Soros as German leader is blamed for Brexit over her failure to deal with migrant crisis
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is being blamed for the Brexit decision
Critics highlight her open-door approach to immigration as being to blame
Concerns that it will spark a wide-spread anti-EU feeling across the bloc
Right-wing Alternative for Germany (AfD) is demanding a vote for 'Dexit'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3666511/Merkel-s-open-door-policy-caused-Britain-leave-EU-German-leader-blamed-Brexit-failure-deal-migrant-crisis-open-arms-immigration-policy.html#ixzz4D91LVhFU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If Soros is gunning for her - Merkel is in trouble. He must be worried about losing some of his billions.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:36 am

This may - or may not be - an interesting straw in the wind:

Britain Elects
‏@britainelects
Leatherhead North (Mole Valley) result:
LDEM: 56.6% (+27.4)
CON: 22.3% (-11.7)
UKIP: 10.3% (-7.9)
LAB: 8.9% (-5.7)
GRN: 1.8% (-2.1)

It might be possible for the LibDems to revive if they can stay out of the ongoing mayhem.

Something similar happened in Scotland in the Holyrood elections, when Ms Sturgeon lost her majority. The scale of the disaster is disguised by the fact that those in the Central Belt that used to vote for any monkey wearing a red rosette, now vote for any monkey wearing a yellow and black rosette.

But in what has been bedrock SNP territory for a very long time, the market towns and fishing, farming areas, their vote collapsed. They LOST seats to the Tories and LibDems, and a few bigwigs saw their majorities slashed.

All is not as it seems north of the border; people outside Scotland don't seem to realise that Ms Sturgeon is in office by the good graces of a handful of Green MSPs, who are not the most reliable of people.

I hope the Visegrad group can make a difference, LL.

I make no bones about voting Leave, was NOT fooled, and would vote Leave again, under the same circumstances.

But there are undeniably bits of the EU worth saving, if it can be done. As you say, we will have to wait and see.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:09 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects 52m52 minutes ago
On a second EU referendum:
Support: 32%
Oppose: 60%
(via BMG / 29 - 30 Jun
)
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:54 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-36683220

Scottish fishing industry 'wants out of EU'
5 hours ago
From the section NE Scotland, Orkney & Shetland

The Scottish Fishermen's Federation (SFF) had taken a neutral stance before the 23 June referendum.
Members have now met in the wake of the result, and said Brexit was the preferred option.
The SFF is due to meet Fisheries Minister Fergus Ewing on Monday for talks about the way forward.
'No brainer'
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has said one of her priorities is to protect Scotland's place in the EU.
SFF chief executive Bertie Armstrong said the two standpoints seem to be incompatible.
He told BBC Scotland: "There is a gap between the two ambitions.
"For the fishing industry it's a complete no brainer - we should be out the EU and out the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP)."

Engage closely'
A Scottish government spokesman said: "As the First Minister has stated, we are intent on pursuing all options to maintain Scotland's EU status.
"The first minister also made it clear during questions in parliament yesterday that she is aware of the feelings of the fishing industry and others who did not vote to remain.
"Although her priority continues to be the clear majority of people across Scotland who did vote to remain in the EU, she is keen for ministers to engage closely with the industry to listen to their concerns."
He added: "We are committed to ensuring Scotland's interests are at the heart of any EU decisions taken on fishing and ministers are continuously engaging in discussions with key stakeholders, this includes meeting with the Scottish Fishermen's Federation again on Monday.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:32 pm

AFTER BREXIT 35CD407900000578-0-image-a-13_1467275414291

Warning: One official was handed this note, apparently congratulating him on Brexit - and then telling him to 'stay on your island'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3667469/Remain-island-No-pity-Offensive-graffiti-bullying-notes-postboxes-defaced-welcome-bitter-world-EU-British-MEPs-subjected-campaign-intimidation-Brussels-post-Brexit.html#ixzz4DBBA2mmD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Maybe humming Ode to Joy would help....?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:17 pm

British PM hopeful Gove says no EU exit talks this year

LONDON (AP) — Justice Secretary Michael Gove argued Friday that he should be Britain's next leader because he is passionately committed to leaving the European Union — but said he would not trigger EU exit talks this year if he becomes prime minister.

http://www.mail.com/int/news/uk/4452898-british-pm-hopeful-gove-eu-exit-talks-this-year.html#.1258-stage-hero1-1
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:29 pm

Hmm. If I was a cynical UK politician, LL, I'd be trying to delay actually doing anything for as long as possible, as the EU is falling apart without any outside help. I seem to recall there are a few big European elections coming up over the next year, too?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:50 pm

bb1 wrote:Hmm. If I was a cynical UK politician, LL, I'd be trying to delay actually doing anything for as long as possible, as the EU is falling apart without any outside help. I seem to recall there are a few big European elections coming up over the next year, too?
Yes. LL

Armenian parliamentary election, 2017
Czech parliamentary election, 2017
French presidential election, 2017
French legislative election, 2017
German presidential election, 2017
German parliamentary election, 2017
Hungarian presidential election, 2017
Norwegian parliamentary election, 2017
Serbian presidential election, 2017
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:30 pm

What happens there could make a huge difference, I suspect?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:38 pm

bb1 wrote:What happens there could make a huge difference, I suspect?
I honestly don't know, bonny, I am useless where politics are concerned. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:39 pm

I'm like that with sport. hug
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:24 am

Conservative leadership: Andrea Leadsom emerges as pro-Leave rival to Theresa May as Michael Gove fades

The next Tory leader must be someone who supported the Leave campaign, Leadsom says
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservative-leadership-andrea-leadsom-emerges-to-rival-theresa-may-a7114916.html
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:30 am

I don't like May very much, LL, she and her husband have their fingers in too many profitable pies - and she seems to have been around for centuries.

I saw Leadsom on that terrible debate; she seemed reasonable. She wasn't shrieking, and could string proper sentences together under pressure. Beyond that, I don't know much about her.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:40 am

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Leadsom
Inheritance tax

Following her appointment, it was discovered that she had placed her shares in a buy-to-let property company, which she had started with her husband in 2003, into trusts for the benefit of her children. This is a move that is commonly used to avoid inheritance tax. She also took advantage of offshore banking arrangements for the property company in an apparent contradiction to George Osborne’s attempts to crack down on tax avoidance. A spokesperson for Leadsom said: “This is a normal corporate situation and all tax that is due is being paid. None of the loans for the properties are based offshore”.

Donations from family firm

There was further criticism when it was revealed that she had received a series of donations totalling £70,000 from a firm based in London but owned by her Guernsey-based brother-in-law, Peter de Putron, via a holding company in the British Virgin Islands tax haven. Leadsom’s husband Ben is a director of the firm which made the donations, which were used to pay the salaries of staff in Leadsom’s Westminster office after her election as MP; the firm has also made donations of £816,000 to the Conservative party. Because the firm making the donations, Gloucester Research (later becoming GR Software and Research) was based in London the donations conformed to the rule banning political donations from abroad. The Labour MP Tom Watson said: “These very large donations might be within the rules, but it certainly isn’t right that a Treasury minister has been taking money in this way. Most reasonable people will see this as completely unreasonable”.
They all have skeletons, however small, in their cupboards, don't they?
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:44 am

Every single one of them, LL.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:51 am

Oh, there's a March in London today:

AFTER BREXIT CmWJzh9XgAAsUX0

Doubtless it will turn into the usual Death to Capitalist Pigs, stuff.

It's actually hard to think of anything LESS rebellious and anti-establishment than supporting the EU; they've probably got their orders via FB. Rolling Eyes
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:55 am

Brexit: Will Tony Blair lead the negotiations?
Jul 1, 2016
Former PM calls for 'serious statesmanship' - but newspapers accuse him of writing his own cover letter for the job

Page 1 of 12
Brexit: Will Tony Blair lead the negotiations?

Appointing a Eurosceptic minister to lead talks about Britain's withdrawal from the European Union would be a mistake, Tony Blair has warned.

Tory leadership favourite and former Remain campaigner Theresa May has suggested a pro-Leave "Brexit minister" should take charge of negotiations once the next prime minister triggers Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.

However, writing in the Daily Telegraph, Blair says. "I understand the Tory politics of that; but is it really sensible for the country?"

Instead, the former prime minister sets out his own vision of how Britain could most successfully negotiate the terms of its future relationship with Europe.

"We need to get a high-level sense of where the boundaries are going to be, the things that might be compromised, the things that are red lines," he writes, calling on the Leave camp to outline their plans for a "new British economy".

Given the "extraordinary complexity" of the task, whoever represents the UK will require "maturity", "serious statesmanship" and an understanding of the "psychology" of the 27 EU member states, he adds.

However, some observers believe Blair was suggesting himself as the answer to the article's headline: "Who will provide the statesmanship we need?"

His comments will "inevitably be seen as an offer by Mr Blair to play a part in the negotiations", says Robert Mendick in the Daily Telegraph.

The Daily Express goes even further, describing the article as a "thinly-veiled plea" for involvement, noting that the well-known Europhile "tried and failed to run for EU president in 2009".

With the long-awaited Chilcot Report into the Iraq War finally due to be released on Wednesday, it remains to be seen whether Blair's overtures to supervise Brexit will be warmly received.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:57 am

Blair? Warmongering, lying, Tony Blair? The one that is about to be mentioned rather a lot in the Chilcott Report? That Tony Blair?

Astounding!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:59 am

Just saw this....

AFTER BREXIT CmQbbeGUsAEZw6s
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:02 am

The Int'l Spectator ‏@intlspectator 19h19 hours ago
UK stocks now 2% higher than a month ago.

Italy (-12%), Spain (-10%), France (-7%) and Germany (-6.5%) are down.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:30 am

Chilcot Inquiry: MPs seek to impeach Tony Blair using ancient law

Move could be made because of Labour leader’s alleged misleading of Parliament over Iraq War

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tony-blair-chilcot-inquiry-iraq-war-report-impeach-law-a7115266.html

He's an idiot - he should keep a very low profile as Chilcot looms. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next